Are they nuts?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Throw the Chinese in the water.  If they float then they are lying.  If they drown then they are telling the truth.  Or just burn them in case they have done wrong.

It worked in Salem. :popcorn:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Throw the Chinese in the water.  If they float then they are lying.  If they drown then they are telling the truth.  Or just burn them in case they have done wrong.

In general, it is not the Chinese people who are not to be trusted.  Derogatory remarks are about the government.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

My post was in jest, up to a point. 

Yes, I know, but I realized my post could be read out of context.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

hat said, it's perhaps unreasonable to say China must be lying as they have the biggest population yet the smallest number of cases - we know Covid works in mysterious ways.  I think you're probably right though.  

It is a bit like what you said about conspiracy theories:

"If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and smells like a duck, it's almost certainly a duck.  It's not scientific but it gets me by.".

Given all the BS the Chinese government feeds the world all the time, it is easy for people with common sense and logical thinking to suspect them of the worst, when of course it is possible they are completely innocent.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I know, but I realized my post could be read out of context.

It is a bit like what you said about conspiracy theories:

"If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and smells like a duck, it's almost certainly a duck.  It's not scientific but it gets me by.".

Given all the BS the Chinese government feeds the world all the time, it is easy for people with common sense and logical thinking to suspect them of the worst, when of course it is possible they are completely innocent.

I think anyone with common sense and logical thinking would see it is the government to blame for most of what's going on - and not only in China.  

And that's not a dig at any particular country, I'd include my own in that.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Derogatory remarks are about the government.

So they need a regime change.  I hope their citizens can achieve that because it should not be up to the rest of the world to do it for them.

Shady
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

it is the government to blame for most of what's going on

If 'the government' is elected by the people, the blame falls on the people.

If the people allow unelected non-government officials to dictate societal rules, the blame falls on the people.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Shady said:

If 'the government' is elected by the people, the blame falls on the people.

If the people allow unelected non-government officials to dictate societal rules, the blame falls on the people.

Ah, it's so simple

• Like 2

Shady
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, hk blues said:

Ah, it's so simple

You're welcome.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic