If America reaches 70% first dose covid vaccination by July 4th Anheuser Bush will provide free beer!

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Explorer said:

The vaccine manufacturers have a long history of lawsuits against them. Why is that? J & J is involved in a two billion dollar one now due to their cancer causing talcum powder. I’m sure the “experts” said it was safe when it first came out.

News from yesterday -

"The Supreme Court rejected an appeal from Johnson & Johnson seeking to undo a $2.1 billion damages award against it over allegations that asbestos in its talc powder products, including baby powder, caused women to develop ovarian cancer."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/01/supreme-court-rejects-johnson-johnsons-appeal-of-2-billion-baby-powder-penalty.html

My friends who work in the pharmaceutical industry developing new medicines and vaccines assure me many perfectly good medicines are left on the way side just down to the possibility of law suits.

Covid is an exception as it's a World wide issue that can affect anyone but if they say develop a new medicine for Bell's Palsy it can pass stage one and two trials with flying colours then the money men step in and decide if production costs and legal fees make it financially viable.

A lot of medicines are for 3rd World illnesses and unless a charity or government offer to buy millions of dollars worth it will get left on the shelf. With covid governments have taken all the financial risks. 

• Like 2

Explorer
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Mike J said:

You claim "vaccine manufacturers" have a long history of lawsuits against them.  You list a single incident where the manufacturer is being sued for talcum power?

Pfizer Lawsuit -

Drugs: Bextra, Geodon, Zyvox, Lyrica

The criminal fine was $1.3 billion, and the additional $1 billion was for civil allegations under the False Claims Act. Pfizer falsely promoted Bextra, antipsychotic drug Geodon, antibiotic Zyvox, and antiepileptic Lyrica. The company was also accused of paying kickbacks related to these drugs and submitting false claims to government health care programs based on uses that weren’t medically accepted.

Bextra was pulled from the market in 2005 after it was deemed unsafe.

Explorer
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Mike J said:

You claim "vaccine manufacturers" have a long history of lawsuits against them.  You list a single incident where the manufacturer is being sued for talcum power? 

AstraZeneca Lawsuit  $520 million

Drug: Seroquel

Seroquel is an antipsychotic drug manufactured by AstraZeneca that was approved in 1997 by the FDA for treatment of psychotic disorders. In 2000, that approval was proposed to be narrowed to short-term treatment of schizophrenia only. In 2004, it was narrowed to short-term treatment of acute manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder. It was later approved for bipolar depression.

However, during this time, the manufacturer was marketing the drug for additional uses like treatment of aggression, Alzheimer’s, anger management, anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, bipolar maintenance, dementia, depression, mood disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and sleeplessness — even though the FDA hadn’t approved Seroquel for those uses.

In addition, AstraZeneca paid kickbacks to doctors for authoring articles about the drug being used in ways that weren’t approved.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Explorer said:

The vaccine manufacturers have a long history of lawsuits against them

Yeah, well they have a long history of getting things right also. 

It they hadn't most likely most of the members of this board would not still be alive. 

I bet almost everyone of us in our general age group went to school with a kid who had polio and used braces on their legs. But very few compared to our parents age group, thanks to those manufactures. 

But to each their own, at age 63 I will take the risk of growing a third eye due to side effects or Kick the bucket at age 75 instead of 80 if it means my wife and I can enjoy our "golden" years in some sense of normalcy.

:thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I can imagine the legal fees fighting some of these claims if the differing opinions of the Covid vaccine is taken into account. There's no shortage of experts proving it is safe and no shortage of experts disproving it's safe and a judge with no medical experience in the middle. 

Maybe the money men just decide to not contest any charges as they'll just add a few cents onto the cost of other medicines to write any fine off. Does it mean it's unsafe or does it mean it is safe but they're not bothered fighting it as they've already made their money?

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

When Explorer gets a Darwin Award I'll be laughing my ass off.

• Haha 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Guy F. said:

When Explorer gets a Darwin Award I'll be laughing my ass off.

Darwin has given up on the world.  Murphy took over.  Its his law now.

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

@Explorer  Just curious - Have you, your spouse, or your children had any of the following vaccines?  

• Cervical cancer
  • Cholera
  • COVID-19
  • Diphtheria
  • Hepatitis B
  • Influenza
  • Japanese encephalitis
  • Measles
  • Meningitis
  • Mumps
  • Pertussis
  • Pneumonia
  • Polio
  • Rabies
  • Rotavirus
  • Rubella
  • Tetanus
  • Typhoid
  • Varicella
  • Yellow fever
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

I wish there was a vaccine for ... ewww!

So where do you get your news and information that makes you all knowing and self-righteous?  Expert "news" people like Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon?

If you are going to throw insults, expect to get some back.

Edited by Old55
I hid Guys post and edited it in your reply.
  • Thanks 2
  • I'm Confused 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

So where do you get your news and information that makes you all knowing and self-righteous?  Expert "news" people like Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon?

If you are going to throw insults, expect to get some back.

We don't need to reply to those comments we are better than that.

• Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic