Sotto opposes 2-week quarantine for fully vaccinated arrivals

Freebie
Posted
Posted

True @HKblues, but if this is the case for Philippines how will it be if we go to Uzbekistan with our Philippines vaccination certificate and they say " whats this ?" Go away.

Somewhere along the way, every country will need some sort of way of recognising the validity of each countries vaccination processes because if not international travel cant develop. Im sure that common sense along the way will prevail but it may take time.

FYI @HK Blues were you in HK 31 years ago today ??. I was, it was a typhoon night and Michael Chang was playing tennis like a hero in Paris... and meanwhile in Beijing........

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Im sure that common sense along the way will prevail but it may take time.

Here is my prediction. 

With in the next few months as the power of numbers starts to take hold. I think most of us (if we are vaccinated) can travel to our home countries now. Most of us (if we are married to a Pinay) can return with quarantine period. Soon that will go away. Travel between developed countries will ease. In two years I bet we will be able to go pretty much anywhere.

Carnac jonny.jpg

• Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Freebie said:

True @HKblues, but if this is the case for Philippines how will it be if we go to Uzbekistan with our Philippines vaccination certificate and they say " whats this ?" Go away.

Somewhere along the way, every country will need some sort of way of recognising the validity of each countries vaccination processes because if not international travel cant develop. Im sure that common sense along the way will prevail but it may take time.

FYI @HK Blues were you in HK 31 years ago today ??. I was, it was a typhoon night and Michael Chang was playing tennis like a hero in Paris... and meanwhile in Beijing........

Agreed, at some point there will need to be a robust system IF this is going to be with us indefinitely.  I don't think there has been any attempt to do this as yet as the focus has, rightly IMO, been on vaccinating folk.  A central register would be great but...

I was still in the UK back then but I remember well the events of June 4th.  Although, nothing happened then, did it? :whistling:

baronapart
Posted
Posted

My wife and I are fully vaccinated. I know I will not be going back until ALL of the Philippines is quarantine free.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

As you see I removed links as this forum requires the article to be posted with a link. Those who can't be bothered or just never seen the posts explaining this and the reasons may as well not bother.

Again if you quote a news article you post it all with a link to it, all meaning what you are copying. If it's long you can post in the eye icon so those who dont want to read do not need to or others can expand it to read.

Why should we send you off site to read something which might be deleted or gone forever? If these rules are not to members favoring, sign out and hope you find something in life which is not so hard.

MODERATORS . enforce please.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, baronapart said:

My wife and I are fully vaccinated. I know I will not be going back until ALL of the Philippines is quarantine free.

Look at several years. Philippines wanted 70% of their people vaccinated but only 50 % of those who have so far have got the second dose so I doubt if outsiders will be coming soon and if they do the situation is crazy. Quarantine on arrival and if you need to travel somewhere else possible quarantine again.  LGU have their own rules. Who is steering this ship?