China should pay reparations for creating Covid-19!

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The topic is China should pay reparations for covid.  It is not a debate about free speech in the USA.  Lets get back on topic before the topic needs to be closed do to political statements that are not relevant and also against forum rules.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Mike J said:

The topic is China should pay reparations for covid.

OK, back to the topic. :thumbsup:

If proven that the virus was released due to criminal negligence or the disregarding of international safety norms. Then china SHOULD pay. :cheersty:

Having said that, being one of the veto powers in the UN there will be no UN sanctions. If they are found responsible by the Haig or any other international court they will just ignore it (ie the WPS sea ruling)

I guess thats the end of this topic :hystery:

thats all folks.jpg

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, scott h said:

OK, back to the topic. :thumbsup:

If proven that the virus was released due to criminal negligence or the disregarding of international safety norms. Then china SHOULD pay. :cheersty:

Having said that, being one of the veto powers in the UN there will be no UN sanctions. If they are found responsible by the Haig or any other international court they will just ignore it (ie the WPS sea ruling)

I guess thats the end of this topic :hystery:

thats all folks.jpg

Is it really the end?

Forget about the powers of the UN or the Haig! 

As the OP, I firmly believe that boycotting the purchase of manufactured goods from China (that are dumped on the west at below market prices), as well as placing sanctions on bootleg products that violate the world’s intellectual property laws, will create loads of financial damage to the CCP. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack D said:

boycotting the purchase of manufactured goods from China

Jack, do you really think (in our case) the American public will have the resolve to pay double for their Air Jordans at Walmart or their favorite football stars jersey at the stadium gift shop? Me thinks not :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Jack, do you really think (in our case) the American public will have the resolve to pay double for their Air Jordans at Walmart or their favorite football stars jersey at the stadium gift shop? Me thinks not :whistling:

Valid point.  Many, perhaps most, people put their economic welfare above politics.  Especially true for those on tight budgets. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Valid point.  Many, perhaps most, people put their economic welfare above politics.  Especially true for those on tight budgets. 

Also, Mike, some just don't give a F*** about the politics! Or see things differently.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mike J said:

people put

To true Mike, combine that with that some people are just plain bone ignorant. They would rather watch reruns of the Cardesians rather than the news.

Back in the day, while based at camp pendelton on the california coast, we took our recruits for a march down the beach. Had one young man look at me and ask..."is that the gulf of mexico?"

fix stupid.jpg

• Haha 1

Shady
Posted
Posted (edited)

(Geoff and Mike are your cyber-alarms going off, someone commented about America again!)

21 hours ago, scott h said:

do you really think (in our case) the American public will have the resolve to pay double for their Air Jordans at Walmart or their favorite football stars jersey at the stadium gift shop?

Easy solution is for America to tax and tariff those imported goods so much that they end up costing more, not less, than American made goods.  

Edited by Mike J
Moderator removed political content.
  • Haha 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Shady said:

Easy solution is for America to tax and tariff China goods so much that they end up costing more, not less.

Let's start out with lots of taxes and tariffs on this 'Made in China' Product. :wink:

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, scott h said:

Back in the day, while based at camp pendelton on the california coast, we took our recruits for a march down the beach. Had one young man look at me and ask..."is that the gulf of mexico?"

And yet, we're always puzzled by Filipinos who believe that they can drive their cars from the USA to Germany.

gp.JPG

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic