Double standards with Covid restrictions and it's effect on the public.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

Watching the media lately with demonstrations over covid restrictions and seeing people being arrested for failing to comply I've surprised to see how some of the so called World leaders are behaving.

I've a few anti restriction friends that keep posting videos and photos of the police breaking up demonstrations, closing churches etc and I try to explain it's for the good of everyone, then I look on social media and there's the G7 summit with the same people that bring in the rules hugging and shaking hands with no masks on. They release staged photos showing them bumping elbows while wearing masks then socially distancing and once they think the cameras are off it's ditch the mask, shake hands and have a few drinks. It's almost as if they want the public unrest. 

g7.jpg

g72.jpg

g73.jpg

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I assume they are all vaccinated, but still it is not a good message for the public.  "Do as I say, not as I do" comes to mind. 

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Oops.... 

15977186_1220472898028407_3726376136771754300_n.jpg

• Haha 4

Shady
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've a few anti restriction friends that keep posting videos and photos of the police breaking up demonstrations, closing churches etc and I try to explain it's for the good of everyone

more like it's good to control everyone, your friends are right.

Explorer
Posted
Posted

E3y_AG_XMAAE4QF.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've surprised to see how some of the so called World leaders are behaving.

What is the rules in the country where this is held?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

G7 was held in Cornwall, UK.  Step number three of their exit plan for covid.

<snip>

Business and activities

Most businesses in all but the highest risk sectors will be able to reopen. In all sectors, COVID-Secure guidance will remain in place and businesses may not cater for groups bigger than the legal limits. Indoor hospitality will reopen - and as in Step 2, venues will not have to serve a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks; nor will there be a curfew. Customers will, however, have to order, eat and drink while seated.

Other indoor locations to open up in Step 3 include indoor entertainment venues such as cinemas and children’s play areas; the rest of the accommodation sector, including hotels, hostels and B&Bs; and indoor adult group sports and exercise classes. The government will also allow some larger performances and sporting events in indoor venues with a capacity of 1,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number), and in outdoor venues with a capacity of 4,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number). In the largest outdoor seated venues, where crowds can be spread out, up to 10,000 people will be able to attend (or a quarter-full, whichever is lower).

Events

Up to 30 people will be able to attend weddings, receptions and wakes, as well as funerals. This limit will also apply to other types of significant life events including bar mitzvahs and christenings.

Review of social distancing

Finally, before Step 4 begins, the government will complete a review of social distancing and other long-term measures that have been put in place to cut transmission. This will inform decisions on the timing and circumstances under which the rules on 1 metre plus, the wearing of face coverings and other measures may be lifted. This will also inform guidance on working from home – which should continue wherever possible until this review is complete.

<end snip>

Here is the URL if members want additional info on the (roadmap to exit covid) etc, it is quite lengthy and detailed.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-response-spring-2021/covid-19-response-spring-2021-summary#step-3---not-before-17-may

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think the issue is some come from countries with strict conditions and now their people are seeing them ignoring their own rules.  Some of the G7 countries are meant to self isolate for 10 days.  That certainly never happened. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I think the issue is some come from countries with strict conditions and now their people are seeing them ignoring their own rules.  Some of the G7 countries are meant to self isolate for 10 days.  That certainly never happened. 

There were very strict protocols in place for all participants though, including all of them having been vaccinated.  I have no idea, but were any specific rules broken?