Jump to content

Double standards with Covid restrictions and it's effect on the public.


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

There were very strict protocols in place for all participants though, including all of them having been vaccinated.  I have no idea, but were any specific rules broken?  

 

The last regulation from the UK government on anyone coming from or passing through an Amber country has to self isolate for ten days. Italy, France, Germany, Canada, Japn and the US are all on the Amber list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

The last regulation from the UK government on anyone coming from or passing through an Amber country has to self isolate for ten days. Italy, France, Germany, Canada, Japn and the US are all on the Amber list.

By nature of their visit they are exempted from the regulations - the specific exemption is covered under Diplomatic Missions, International Organisations and Conferences.  They are not required to quarantine unless they are coming from a Red List country.  Of course, the visit has to be pre-approved but we can assume this was the case.  

Edit to Add - I'm pretty sure the specific exemption was introduced with the G7 summit in mind.  

Edited by hk blues
  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, hk blues said:

By nature of their visit they are exempted from the regulations - the specific exemption is covered under Diplomatic Missions, International Organisations and Conferences.  They are not required to quarantine unless they are coming from a Red List country.  Of course, the visit has to be pre-approved but we can assume this was the case.  

Edit to Add - I'm pretty sure the specific exemption was introduced with the G7 summit in mind.  

As I said, double standards. The average person on the street just sees politicians doing what they aren't allowed to do. I'm pretty certain no one would think it's perfectly OK for them because they are in charge. It'll just make the public rebel more to lockdowns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

As I said, double standards. The average person on the street just sees politicians doing what they aren't allowed to do. I'm pretty certain no one would think it's perfectly OK for them because they are in charge. It'll just make the public rebel more to lockdowns. 

The world needs to keep turning though.  Personally, I don't see a problem with different rules applying to different people if protocols are in place. There is a long list of exemptions to the regulations, they most certainly don't only apply to political leaders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Explorer said:

E3y_AG_XMAAE4QF.jpg

You don't have a good grip on the definition of "slave".

Coming soon: Explorer compares mask wearers to victims of the Holocaust.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

As I said, double standards. The average person on the street just sees politicians doing what they aren't allowed to do. I'm pretty certain no one would think it's perfectly OK for them because they are in charge.

I certainly don't think it is "ok for them because they are in charge" however I do think "it is ok for them because all of them are fully vaccinated".

Vaccination doesn't fully protect against catching Covid but from what the information is saying it protects basically 100% against death and serious disease (if you have a normally functioning immune system).

Given that and given that they're all vaccinated I don't have a problem with it.

In fact the sooner that governments start relaxing restrictions for the fully vaccinated the better I think.

  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Coming soon: Explorer compares mask wearers to victims of the Holocaust.

Thanks Guy F., but I've seen that movie already!.. where "Explorer compares mask wearers to victims of the Holocaust." One viewing of that $hit-$how was more than enough for me, since my grand-parents, uncles and cousins had to dig their own graves prior to being machine-gunned by the 'super race.'

Explorer's never-ending need to be insensitive never ceases to surprise me. I'm glad that there's still a few members and moderators on this forum who find Explorer's comments to be continuously and endlessly distasteful.

Sorry to those who want me to just "let this go," but I'm one of many Jews who simply refuse to comply with the rants and demands of the 'master race.'

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, GeoffH said:

In fact the sooner that governments start relaxing restrictions for the fully vaccinated the better I think.

I agree, But...

I think such a move should only take place when a significant majority have been jabbed, not because of herd immunity or such but because it's unfair on those who want the vaccine but can't get it for whatever reason. 

The UK Govt. continues to explore making vaccines compulsory for certain jobs i.e. care home workers.  A step too far?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I agree, But...

I think such a move should only take place when a significant majority have been jabbed, not because of herd immunity or such but because it's unfair on those who want the vaccine but can't get it for whatever reason. 

The UK Govt. continues to explore making vaccines compulsory for certain jobs i.e. care home workers.  A step too far?  

 

You make a good point, relaxing restrictions too early (when the vaccines protect the vaccinated but don't stop spread) will increase risk to the unvaccinated.

I have zero sympathy for those who refuse to be vaccinated and get sick but people who couldn't access a vaccine are a different matter and society does owe a duty of care to them.

As to vacination being required for certain jobs I don't have a problem with it because it comes down again the 'employers duty of care' under the law.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...