Rats eating the Cars wiring.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

An update on the rats.

There must be a lot of rats around the property because my GF went to the agricultural supply store and they supplied 2 different products to control the rats, Storm and Ratokill. Storm being a block and Ratokill is pellets.

On the first and second nights the blocks were placed on ledges giving access to the outside kitchen, she placed them there at sunset and checked again a couple of hours later and they had been consumed, so layed some more and they were gone in the morning, so then started putting down the pellets, same thing gone the next morning.

So we will continue this until the engine sprays arrive from Shopee, hopefully we killing them off, seeing there hasn’t been any dead ones sighted I suppose they are going elsewhere to die, probably back down the river where they came from.

The outside kitchen is on the opposite side to where the cars are, so I am hoping we are getting them before they go elsewhere for their food.

Thanks to everyone again for your hints and suggestions.

Cheers

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'm late to the party, but how about the tried and tested method of cats?  We have a few and no issue with rats or mice despite our neighbours having a few.  For some though, the cats may almost be as big a pest as the rats but we're cat lovers.  Not all cats are good hunters though, so having a few is better.  

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm late to the party, but how about the tried and tested method of cats?  We have a few and no issue with rats or mice despite our neighbours having a few.  For some though, the cats may almost be as big a pest as the rats but we're cat lovers.  Not all cats are good hunters though, so having a few is better.  

HK, good idea, however I already have trained the 3 Belgian Malinois’ to control and eradicate all the feral cats that were around that were eating all the bird life. To date very successful.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

HK, good idea, however I already have trained the 3 Belgian Malinois’ to control and eradicate all the feral cats that were around that were eating all the bird life. To date very successful.

Ah, got it.