Duterte says get vaccinated or die

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 6/16/2021 at 12:08 AM, hk blues said:

Can't argue with that.

But, it would seem strange if the Philippines was one of the only countries to not have a vaccination programme against Covid.  This would leave the place isolated in terms of tourism for example. 

They should be addressing both, of course.

I don't see why the Philippines would be isolated. If you have your vaccine, what are you afraid of? It works, doesn't it? Or are you not so sure?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert k said:

I don't see why the Philippines would be isolated. If you have your vaccine, what are you afraid of? It works, doesn't it? Or are you not so sure?

I'm 100% positive it works.  As are the vast majority of governments which is why they would likely consider travel restrictions for a country which had no vaccination programme in place.

You are aware that the vaccine doesn't stop anyone contracting the virus, simply reducing the impact?  And it doesn't stop anyone infected passing on the virus to someone who may or may not be vaccinated for whatever reason.   And that's before we even get into the subject of variants which may prosper in unvaccinated populations.

It just makes sense to get vaccinated, doesn't it? :smile:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm 100% positive it works.  As are the vast majority of governments which is why they would likely consider travel restrictions for a country which had no vaccination programme in place.

You are aware that the vaccine doesn't stop anyone contracting the virus, simply reducing the impact?  And it doesn't stop anyone infected passing on the virus to someone who may or may not be vaccinated for whatever reason.   And that's before we even get into the subject of variants which may prosper in unvaccinated populations.

It just makes sense to get vaccinated, doesn't it? :smile:

You do realize that they don't subtract the number of people who would have been Asymptomatic anyway from their effectiveness numbers?

And we won't get into variants that may prosper in vaccinated populations either.

I wish someone could point out where I said the vaccine was intended to totally prevent contracting the Wuhan virus, Or prevent anyone from passing on the virus, Or denied that the virus as designed is intended to hopefully reduce the impact of the Wuhan virus? Where did you get all that?:89: Did I post anything like that?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, robert k said:

You do realize that they don't subtract the number of people who would have been Asymptomatic anyway from their effectiveness numbers?

And we won't get into variants that may prosper in vaccinated populations either.

I wish someone could point out where I said the vaccine was intended to totally prevent contracting the Wuhan virus, Or prevent anyone from passing on the virus, Or denied that the virus as designed is intended to hopefully reduce the impact of the Wuhan virus? Where did you get all that?:89: Did I post anything like that?

To be honest, whenever I see people using the term Wuhan virus I tend to stop reading.  It's a strategy that has served me well these past few months.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

To be honest, whenever I see people using the term Wuhan virus I tend to stop reading.  It's a strategy that has served me well these past few months.

I use covid on this forum most of the time. A more accurate name would be ccp virus. Not meant to be a taunt to you HK it's in my opinion a correct name.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Wuhan is just the accurate description of where the virus outbreak occurred, nothing more. If that triggers you, I don't know what to say. Even the Chinese government claimed it came from the Wuhan wet market. Do you think the Chinese were lying?

[Edit] Just curious, are you equally triggered by the term Spanish Flu?

Edited by robert k

hk blues
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I use covid on this forum most of the time. A more accurate name would be ccp virus. Not meant to be a taunt to you HK it's in my opinion a correct name.

21 minutes ago, robert k said:

Wuhan is just the accurate description of where the virus outbreak occurred, nothing more. If that triggers you, I don't know what to say. Even the Chinese government claimed it came from the Wuhan wet market. Do you think the Chinese were lying?

[Edit] Just curious, are you equally triggered by the term Spanish Flu?

It's all about the intent

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I didn't know I had any intent beyond specificity. When you have a SARSCOV2, it means you had a SARSCOV1, (from Foshan) to differentiate, I'm just using geography.

Edited by robert k
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

Perhaps we should not be so quick to judge others using written form. I often get a wrong reading from what others here post. Two people conversing fact to face is very different than reading words on a forum. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, robert k said:

Just curious, are you equally triggered by the term Spanish Flu?

Can you tell us where the Spanish Flu originated?  Use Google if you like.  Know one else is certain but you might be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1