An Indonesian 125cc. transport method

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

This popped up on my video radar, and although not Pinoy, its interesting how the near Asian neighbors also push the limits on their motorbikes. Maybe our motorbike members could comment on the frame (seems lengthened) and other modifications. Not much English.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Very primitive way to get the sh*t of the mountain, but better than hand carrying it.  This video shows the final delivery.  If you don't want to watch the whole thing, skip to 7:25 for the best crash!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, skip to 7:25 for the best crash!

Did that.  Thanks.  But the guy is laughing and the stuff is where it needs to be so its all good.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Did that.  Thanks.  But the guy is laughing and the stuff is where it needs to be so its all good.

He must be made like Gumby because his neck did not snap!

Posted
Posted

I want to see if it's feasible to get one of these, once our house and lot sells. I just love how they look. Would the body save it at all from going over diagonally like a tractor? I could never ride a motorcycle.

piaggio_ape.jpg

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, JDDavao said:

I want to see if it's feasible to get one of these, once our house and lot sells. I just love how they look. Would the body save it at all from going over diagonally like a tractor? I could never ride a motorcycle.

piaggio_ape.jpg

Yes, they are readily available here in Mindanao. There are at least two types, the most common is the Bajaj RE from India, I think and the other is a Piaggio Ape which I guess is imported from Italy. The Piaggio comes in various body forms including an open back truck and an enclosed box van type as well as the regular passenger one as in the picture.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Huggybearman said:

Yes, they are readily available here in Mindanao. There are at least two types, the most common is the Bajaj RE from India, I think and the other is a Piaggio Ape 

They aren't as cheap as some people might think, new price quoted to a family member last year was close to 400,000 peso and you can buy a good condition low kms Toyota Wigo or Mitsubishi G4 if you're going to spend that amount and you've got a real car. 

• Like 5

Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

They aren't as cheap as some people might think...

Good to know, Geoff. Thanks. 

baronapart
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, GeoffH said:

They aren't as cheap as some people might think, new price quoted to a family member last year was close to 400,000 peso and you can buy a good condition low kms Toyota Wigo or Mitsubishi G4 if you're going to spend that amount and you've got a real car. 

Yep, for 250,000 +/- you can get a multicab. Which for me is much more preferable.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think Yamaha makes a variant of that type of vehicle too. I'm going to have to +1 on the buy a car suggestion. Suzuki sells new cars at what I think is a good value for what you get. 

• Like 2