Looking for Modern(?) City With Nice Beaches Nearby Without A lot of Traffic

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, scott h said:

Navy? Bonifacio Global city, thats where Vice Ganda and his buddys all hang out :whistling:

:hystery: :lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, sinsinbad said:

For me a "modern" city would be one with fairly fast and reliable internet, good places to eat, good places to shop, fairly clean with few brownouts, but without heavy traffic.

Nice beach is one with clear water, sandy beach, and fairly healthy to swim in.

I think numerous places will satisfy your criteria BUT the traffic part will be the stumbling block. If a place has all the things you're shooting for it will be attractive and that will bri g traffic.

Iloilo City was a rather sleepy place before, and as recently as 6 years ago I could make it to the city in a jeepney in 20-30 minutes on an average day. Now, as it has developed fast the same journey can take an hour at the same time. That said, off of the main route(s) into the city you can get around more quickly.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Well hell, why didnt you say so....that makes it easy!

What branch :89:

Air Force? Then Boracay is for you, lots of luxury hotels and resturants. Army? Settle in Tarlac, flat, dusty, hot with horses. Marines? Any where in Mindanao, bad food, bad water, far from any civilizing influence with pirates, bandits and rogue cops. Navy? Bonifacio Global city, thats where Vice Ganda and his buddys all hang out :whistling:

He never said if he was an officer though then someone will have to take him there by hand or he'll get lost.  :whistling:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

On the subject of internet speed, here (near Dagupan, N.Luzon) I pay for 25megs, with PLDT, but here are this evening's results:

11641791568.png

• Like 3

sinsinbad
Posted
Posted

graham59 that is FANTASTIC.

Here in Tampa bay area Florida area, I pay for 30 megs, but usually get 40 down and about 5 up.  I like yours better.  I only pay $18 a month.  How much for yours?

How many malls and what size do you have there?

Are the beaches generally sandy, water clear, and fairly healthy?

In your profile you mentioned something.  Just to let you know, Norman is my brother.

graham59
Posted
Posted

It can be a lot less than that, but it is always better than the 25 megs that I actually pay (p1899 per month) for. :smile:

I have no idea what the water quality is (ie...proper analysis results) , but overall, the beaches I've visited in this area have seemed pretty good. 

Malls, and other such modern conveniences...no lack of.