Jump to content

Seeking some info: Foreign Medical Program (VA)


Recommended Posts

I"m a Vet with disabilities and already enrolled in both FMP and with the VA Clinic in Manila.  I have a medical reimbursement claim I'd like to submit to FMP for service related injury medical care.  I'm having a deuce of a time figuring out how to make the request.  All I'm getting off the websites and the printed pubs is "mail your claim to the VA".  Haven't seen anything like a claim form (like I see with Tricare, for example).  If it's just a matter of pulling together a cover letter and the receipts, I can do that, but using the Philippine postal system for anything gives me the willies.  Is there any guidance to be gained by calling the VA clinic in Manila?  Just looking for some general advice on how to get this thing off the ground.  Surprised (so far) I'm not seeing any online submission instructions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DaveB said:

I"m a Vet with disabilities and already enrolled in both FMP and with the VA Clinic in Manila.  I have a medical reimbursement claim I'd like to submit to FMP for service related injury medical care.  I'm having a deuce of a time figuring out how to make the request.  All I'm getting off the websites and the printed pubs is "mail your claim to the VA".  Haven't seen anything like a claim form (like I see with Tricare, for example).  If it's just a matter of pulling together a cover letter and the receipts, I can do that, but using the Philippine postal system for anything gives me the willies.  Is there any guidance to be gained by calling the VA clinic in Manila?  Just looking for some general advice on how to get this thing off the ground.  Surprised (so far) I'm not seeing any online submission instructions.

Dave, ask Jack Walker at the Subic RAO.  He is well versed in all of these things.  He can also send U.S. mail for you.  It goes direct from the RAO to the Embassy and then direct to the U.S. mail system.  It does not touch the PH mail system.  You can get a permanent mail box there too, if needed.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support

Thanks @OnMyWay.  Your rapid and detailed response to a real world issue exemplifies the spirit of the forum.  Well done sir. :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Dave, ask Jack Walker at the Subic RAO.  He is well versed in all of these things.  He can also send U.S. mail for you.  It goes direct from the RAO to the Embassy and then direct to the U.S. mail system.  It does not touch the PH mail system.  You can get a permanent mail box there too, if needed.

When I wrote that question yesterday, I was actually thinking of Jack.  He gave me his card when I was there last November, but I've lost track of it.  So I Googled it this morning and I see his contact info.  

Weird that the process is a snail mail show, and no online submission.  I can file a claim for disability on line - wonder why the FMP requires hard copy.  Anyway, I had planned to join the RAO if I ever resolve how (if) to live in Bataan,  Real admirable guy (Jack) and real admirable organization.  It's worth donating to even if you aren't a member.  So I'll head down that happy path.

I was hoping for something like a URL that I couldn't find...but after enough exposure to the VA, you kinda get used to everything taking 6 months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DaveB said:

When I wrote that question yesterday, I was actually thinking of Jack.  He gave me his card when I was there last November, but I've lost track of it.  So I Googled it this morning and I see his contact info.  

Weird that the process is a snail mail show, and no online submission.  I can file a claim for disability on line - wonder why the FMP requires hard copy.  Anyway, I had planned to join the RAO if I ever resolve how (if) to live in Bataan,  Real admirable guy (Jack) and real admirable organization.  It's worth donating to even if you aren't a member.  So I'll head down that happy path.

I was hoping for something like a URL that I couldn't find...but after enough exposure to the VA, you kinda get used to everything taking 6 months.

Best way to contact Jack is on the RAO Subic Facebook.  If that doesn't work for you, PM me your phone and email.

They also have a RAO in Angeles.  I forgot you were there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...