Subic-Clark Railway Update

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I posted before about the planned railway from Subic to Clark.  Freight only initially but passengers are also mentioned.  There was a meeting last Friday with residents and the development team.  I did not attend but residents said this third meeting was at least informative whereas the first two were failures.

The plans are pushing through with this Chinese project.  A knowledgeable resident (Floyd Whaley, google him) said that almost all of the Chinese projects fail.

They really don't care what they will destroy.  They are planning to build  a huge switching yard right on top of protected mangroves and also right next to Subic Golf and Binictican residential area.  And the tracks go through other areas of protected mangroves, and protected forests.

Another resident obtained the Google map data from them and made this 3d video of the alignment.  Very nice!

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Chinese keeping the the locals on the hook. :rolleyes:

This new railway b/s has been going on for decades. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Philippine drivers seem to have trouble maintaining their lane when cornering.  I can see a bunch of rail cars ending up in the bay at that one turn. :tongue:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Philippine drivers seem to have trouble maintaining their lane when cornering

For that matter just driving in a straight line is a major challenge :hystery:

stay in your lane.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1