Issues with sinovac?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, RBM said:

There has been some interesting peer review studies recently completed in the use of Ivermectin. No doubt will be rubbished by the powers to be how ever I am fence sitting for now.  

Oxford recently launched a controlled study of ivermectin.  I think their reputation should help in bringing a consensus to the good/bad use of ivermectin as a treatment for covid.   Unfortunately, since it has become a political lighting rod,  there will almost certainly be parties on both sides of the fence who will disagree with the results. :sad:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2021/06/23/oxford-coronavirus-ivermectin-trial/?sh=346abf267237

Oxford University has launched a clinical trial to test whether Ivermectin works in treating Coronavirus Disease.

The drug is typically used to treat diseases caused by parasite infections, including onchocerciasis or 'river blindness' from the nematode worm Onchocerca volvulus.

But the use of Ivermectin for Covid treatment is controversial, and the European Medicines Agency (EMA) advises against its use outside randomized clinical trials.

Although it's promoted as a cure for Covid in some countries, such as Brazil, most scientific studies on its effectiveness have involved poorly-controlled experiments or a small number of participants. There's little evidence the drug definitely works.

Research has shown that Ivermectin can kill the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus in lab-grown cells and in living mice (but only at high doses that can be toxic to humans), while observational studies of people already taking the drug suggest it might be effective for Covid — but those studies don't control for confounding factors such as when people deliberately choose a medicine, which leads to problems like the placebo effect.

Oxford's large-scale trial will involve giving Ivermectin to elderly people and adults with an underlying health condition. By comparing those participants to patients who receive standard care from the UK's National Health Service (NHS), the study aims to reveal whether the drug helps keep people out of hospital.

MORE FOR YOU
Ivermectin–Widely Used To Treat Covid-19 Despite Being Unproven–Is Being Studied In The U.K. As A Potential Treatment
New Antiviral Drug Cocktail Could Help India Control Brutal Covid-19 Surge
WHO Finally Admits Coronavirus Is Airborne. It’s Too Late
Like other well-known drugs, including hydroxychloroquine and Remdesivir, people are currently using Ivermectin for purposes that aren't specified on the drug's label. Such off-label use is a waste of money if the drug isn't effective, and potentially harmful if someone uses that drug instead of one that's been proven to work.

The Oxford study is part of a wider project called PRINCIPLE (Platform for randomised trial of treatments in the community for epidemic and pandemic illnesses), which is trying to find treatments for Covid-19 from home by recruiting participants through its website and patients from doctors' practices.

Within a few months, the new study could finally prove whether or not Ivermectin is effective for treating Covid.

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Oxford recently launched a controlled study of ivermectin.  I think their reputation should help in bringing a consensus to the good/bad use of ivermectin as a treatment for covid.   Unfortunately, since it has become a political lighting rod,  there will almost certainly be parties on both sides of the fence who will disagree with the results. :sad:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2021/06/23/oxford-coronavirus-ivermectin-trial/?sh=346abf267237

Oxford University has launched a clinical trial to test whether Ivermectin works in treating Coronavirus Disease.

The drug is typically used to treat diseases caused by parasite infections, including onchocerciasis or 'river blindness' from the nematode worm Onchocerca volvulus.

But the use of Ivermectin for Covid treatment is controversial, and the European Medicines Agency (EMA) advises against its use outside randomized clinical trials.

Although it's promoted as a cure for Covid in some countries, such as Brazil, most scientific studies on its effectiveness have involved poorly-controlled experiments or a small number of participants. There's little evidence the drug definitely works.

Research has shown that Ivermectin can kill the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus in lab-grown cells and in living mice (but only at high doses that can be toxic to humans), while observational studies of people already taking the drug suggest it might be effective for Covid — but those studies don't control for confounding factors such as when people deliberately choose a medicine, which leads to problems like the placebo effect.

Oxford's large-scale trial will involve giving Ivermectin to elderly people and adults with an underlying health condition. By comparing those participants to patients who receive standard care from the UK's National Health Service (NHS), the study aims to reveal whether the drug helps keep people out of hospital.

MORE FOR YOU
Ivermectin–Widely Used To Treat Covid-19 Despite Being Unproven–Is Being Studied In The U.K. As A Potential Treatment
New Antiviral Drug Cocktail Could Help India Control Brutal Covid-19 Surge
WHO Finally Admits Coronavirus Is Airborne. It’s Too Late
Like other well-known drugs, including hydroxychloroquine and Remdesivir, people are currently using Ivermectin for purposes that aren't specified on the drug's label. Such off-label use is a waste of money if the drug isn't effective, and potentially harmful if someone uses that drug instead of one that's been proven to work.

The Oxford study is part of a wider project called PRINCIPLE (Platform for randomised trial of treatments in the community for epidemic and pandemic illnesses), which is trying to find treatments for Covid-19 from home by recruiting participants through its website and patients from doctors' practices.

Within a few months, the new study could finally prove whether or not Ivermectin is effective for treating Covid.

The review I was referring to was recently released by The American Journal of Therapeutics, guess a simple google search will bring it up.

Certainly a lot of controversy here, not withstanding lack of comments from the big powers. Guess time will tell. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm certainly interested in the proper trial results as I've been having a backward and forward debate with one of my conspiracy theorist friends over it.  He swears by it and has been taking it already. Unfortunately he's currently in quarrantine having been tested positive. :whistling:

• Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm certainly interested in the proper trial results as I've been having a backward and forward debate with one of my conspiracy theorist friends over it.  He swears by it and has been taking it already. Unfortunately he's currently in quarrantine having been tested positive. :whistling:

I use on my dogs they are both negative.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I use on my dogs they are both negative.

Well done sir, finally a "study" I can relate to as it is simple and concise.   100% successful in preventing covid.  :hystery::hystery::hystery:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've just been informed by a good friend who is a nurse at my last place.  She had both sinovac vaccinations as a frontliner and is now quaratined with her second case of covid.  She's awaiting a second test result to be certain and added to this she is just over 18 weeks pregnant.  Her hospital doesn't provide full PPE and has to ask for donations on the local Facebook. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

second case of covid. 

Please ask your friend how serious her case is after her getting the Jab.

And wish her a speedy recovery :boohoo:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, scott h said:

Please ask your friend how serious her case is after her getting the Jab.

And wish her a speedy recovery :boohoo:

Both cases have been the same, mild flu like symptoms.  First one before she was vaccinated she was found positive after a routine test as she had been dealing with covid patient transfers. Same with the second test, mild flu symptoms so this time she requested a test. I'll add she is 32yrs old.

Edited by Snowy79

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Both cases have been the same, mild flu like symptoms.  First one before she was vaccinated she was found positive after a routine test as she had been dealing with covid patient transfers. Same with the second test, mild flu symptoms so this time she requested a test. I'll add she is 32yrs old.

Im sure they did mention several times that vaccination wont necessarily prevent anyone from getting covid but it lessons deaths and symptoms. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/27/2021 at 6:30 AM, Mike J said:

and in living mice

Why are they vaccinating rodents now :hystery:

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic