Issues with sinovac?

KC813
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, scott h said:

Ya think Maybe china is now charging for all the Jabs? Need lots of cash to buy them now :whistling: 

I'd say you are right.

I saw a great chart last week but now I can't find it of all the vaccines received in country, detailing the source and the # of doses distributed.

I was surprised to see that China was not as generous as some 'officials' seem to imply.  11 Million doses delivered of Sinovac - 1 million donated by China while 10 million doses were purchased.

Not really on point but for comparison, over 5 million doses of AstraZeneca and Pfizer have been received, all donated through the WHO/Covax cooporative.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, KC813 said:

I saw a great chart last week but now I can't find it of all the vaccines received in country, detailing the source and the # of doses distributed.

This one?

Summary of vaccine procurement, donation processing, and approval (by the national government)
Vaccine Progress Doses ordered Sourced from donations
(including pledges and from COVAX Facility)
Approval Deployment
Pfizer–BioNTech phase III clinical trials 40 million[33] 2.4 million[34] Green check.svg January 14, 2021[35] Green check.svg May 12, 2021[36]
Oxford–AstraZeneca phase III clinical trials 17 million[37] 2.5 million[38] Green check.svg January 28, 2021[39] Green check.svg March 6, 2021
Sinovac phase III clinical trials 26 million[40] ~1 million[41] Green check.svg February 22, 2021[42] Green check.svg March 1, 2021
Sputnik V phase III clinical trials 10 million

10 million (pending)[43]

15,000 Green check.svg March 19, 2021[44] Green check.svg May 3, 2021[28]
Covaxin phase III clinical trials 8 million[45] Green check.svg April 19, 2021 (Conditional EUA)[46]

Green check.svg June 23, 2021 (Full EUA)[47]

Pending
Johnson & Johnson phase III clinical trials 6 million[48] 3,024,000 Green check.svg April 19, 2021[46] Pending (Expected July)
Moderna phase III clinical trials 20 million[49] 249,600[50] Green check.svg May 5, 2021[51] Green check.svg June 30, 2021[32]
Sinopharm phase III clinical trials Green check.svg June 7, 2021[52] Pending
Novavax phase III clinical trials 10 million[53] No EUA application submitted (Expected Q3)[54] Pending
Arcturus phase II clinical trials No EUA application submitted Pending
Clover phase II/III clinical trials No EUA application submitted Pending
EuBiologics[55] phase I/II clinical trials No EUA application submitted Pending

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, KC813 said:

Not really on point but for comparison, over 5 million doses of AstraZeneca and Pfizer have been received, all donated through the WHO/Covax cooporative.

Which China is part of :whistling:

KC813
Posted
Posted

Mike J- 

It was not this chart, but this has some good information on the pending vaccines.  The other chart included one more column showing actual usage v. distributed, and more detail on the cost/method of acquisition.

It has always been hard to find in-depth numbers here.  No doubt some agencies prefer we just listen to their publicly-stated opinions of how well they are doing.

There is another chart on Rappler that breaks down the source of doses received as of June 28.  I've linked it because I'm not techy enough to separate out just the interactive chart!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, KC813 said:

Mike J- 

It was not this chart, but this has some good information on the pending vaccines.  The other chart included one more column showing actual usage v. distributed, and more detail on the cost/method of acquisition.

It has always been hard to find in-depth numbers here.  No doubt some agencies prefer we just listen to their publicly-stated opinions of how well they are doing.

There is another chart on Rappler that breaks down the source of doses received as of June 28.  I've linked it because I'm not techy enough to separate out just the interactive chart!

One million doses of the sinovac were donated, and eleven million doses were purchased according to the chart.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic