Duterte says unvaccinated people should be injected with ‘vaccines for pigs, in the a**’7

Shady
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, GeoffH said:

There is nothing in the definition that says that a leader has to follow majority will

There is nothing in the definition that says a leader has to do anything.

9 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Your own countries leader Abraham Lincoln pushed for the 13th amendement, a decision so 'unpopular' that a large part of your country chose war...

Well it was unpopular with Democrats, that's why the bill initially failed. And the amendment push came long after the war started, you may need a refresher course on foreign history, start with the part where Lincoln wanted to deport all slaves he just freed.

The point is a competent elected leader follows the majority will of the citizenry who elected him, and your examples where the will of the people is "wrong", according to your own opinion, is entirely irrelevant.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm surprised they aren't offering a few hundred peso to each person that takes the vaccine.  It works for elections. :whistling:

Some states in the U.S. are creating vaccine lotteries as an incentive.  Get vaccinated and you are entered in a lottery with big cash prizes.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, GeoffH said:

they will be unpopular with a signficant portion of the population but they are never the less the correct choices. 

You may be right, but that is strong wording for your OPINION.  Many would have differing opinions on some of those, with valid reasons.

The problem here in PH is that the people don't trust the government and most politicians.  We all see the bone headed decisions made by officials about Covid and other everyday things.  Corruption still rules in the Philippines.  Everyone knows that and thus why would they trust an official telling them to get jabbed?  And I have another theory.  Several Filipinos who I know (and 1 expat), with high certainty, had Covid and did not report it.  They just stayed home and got better.  How many thousands like that are there?  They also don't trust hospitals.  Do those people all need vaccines?

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Are you familiar with the term 'representative democracy'?

Many people have heard of it but don't understand the implications of the term, we don't have a 'direct democracy' we have a 'representative democracy' and that includes voting to choose leaders to make decisions. 

There is nothing in the definition that says that a leader has to follow majority will (although if they don't they run the risk of losing the next election of course).

There have been many cases where a democratically elected leader has had to make unpopular choices for the good of their country and where as time as passed those choices were shown to be correct.  Your own countries leader Abraham Lincoln pushed for the 13th amendement, a decision so 'unpopular' that a large part of your country chose war... but it was never the less the correct choice.

Choosing vaccination, choosing masks and choosing social distancing are analagous situations... they will be unpopular with a signficant portion of the population but they are never the less the correct choices. 

Uyghur Muslims must be glad the democratic representatives are making the right choices, even if unpopular?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm surprised they aren't offering a few hundred peso to each person that takes the vaccine.  It works for elections. :whistling:

Sacks of rice, cows, even a house: Prizes await lucky vaccinated Filipinos

Well in a sense some are and this idea will probably spread. Not cash but a chance to win a prize.

In the Philippines, vaccine hesitancy is real: A survey shows that two in every three Filipinos are either uncertain or unwilling to have themselves inoculated against the novel coronavirus.

That is why the private sector, local government units (LGUs), and at least one congresswoman have resorted to promoting COVID-19 vaccines through unconventional means.

Here are some of the interesting rewards that await Filipinos who have decided to finally take the jab.

Residents of Barangay Sucat in Muntinlupa City who get their COVID-19 vaccine at the Sucat Covered Court are eligible for a raffle, where they could win 25 kilograms of rice.

The raffle is held once a week, and 20 winners are chosen each time.

At the city-run Ospital ng Muntinlupa grocery packs were given to over 500 residents who were vaccinated against COVID-19. The Muntinlupa City Masonic Lodge 414 was behind the initiative, according to a Manila Bulletin report.

Cows
Smart minds in San Luis, Pampanga, seem to be aware that they have to come up with a catchy slogan for their unconventional push to increase the number of vaccinated people in their municipality.

The “Baka para sa Bakuna (Get a cow when you get vaccinated)” project raffles off a cow every end of the month. The names of residents who have been administered with at least one vaccine dose are included in the raffle.

Residents must visit the mayor's office and show proof that they have been vaccinated in order to qualify for the raffle. The promo runs from July 2021 to June 2022.

Anyone interested in sponsoring the "cow" prize may reach out to the municipal government.

House and lot
House Deputy Speaker and Las Piñas Representative Camille Villar raises the stakes for those who are still hesitant to take the vaccine in her city – a grand prize of house and lot.

The promo runs from June 15 to December 23, 2021, and is open to all residents of Las Piñas who have received at least one vaccine dose. Raffle tickets are available in all barangays in Las Piñas and must be dropped in barangay halls, and AllHome and AllDay Supermarket branches within the city.

The grand draw for the house and lot, as well as two motorcycles, is on December 24. A "pangkabuhayan (livelihood)" package worth P5,000 will also be given to 50 lucky vaccine recipients monthly, beginning July 15.

Villar's family develops subdivisions and other real estate projects and owns the AllHome and AllDay chains of stores.

Discounts at restaurants
The private sector’s role in the Philippines’ COVID-19 immunization drive cannot be understated, and companies are not yet done. They aim to launch a "Bakuna Benefits (vaccine benefits)" program in June, to offer vaccinated Filipinos discounts in restaurants and retail outlets.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/prizes-rewards-await-lucky-filipinos-vaccinated-against-covid-19

• Like 2

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

A virus with known 99.7%+(survival rate) vs. face-diaper porous as Gnats through chicken wire? Or a virus with known 99.7%+(survival rate) vs. the wisdom of face-diaper wearing globalist (aginda-21 tool)/China-groupee American-hater child-murder? Yep with those mathematical-odds, a prick of 'China Wonder-juice' sounds so logical...

...sign me up for my free bag of rice and the chicken please ...

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, jamesmusslewhite said:

A virus with known 99.7%+(survival rate) vs. face-diaper porous as Gnats through chicken wire? Or a virus with known 99.7%+(survival rate) vs. the wisdom of face-diaper wearing globalist (aginda-21 tool)/China-groupee American-hater child-murder? Yep with those mathematical-odds, a prick of 'China Wonder-juice' sounds so logical...

...sign me up for my free bag of rice and the chicken please ...

We take that a hard no James? :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Shady
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Several Filipinos who I know (and 1 expat), with high certainty, had Covid and did not report it.  They just stayed home and got better.  How many thousands like that are there?  They also don't trust hospitals.  Do those people all need vaccines?

They need an antibody test, ideally so would anyone before getting a Covid vaccine. Not likely to happen though.

19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

why would they trust an official telling them to get jabbed? 

And why would they trust what they're getting jabbed with

The last vax I got and every expat in the PH should get is Hep B. I got the required doses at a reputable medical clinic. A few years later I had blood work done by a doctor in a hospital, I noticed the negative Hep B antibody test. Shocked, I explained to the doctor. She was not shocked, or even surprised at this "vaccine scam". So she gave me doses of the actual vaccine, and then the antibodies later showed up on the test.

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Shady said:

They need an antibody test, ideally so would anyone before getting a Covid vaccine. Not likely to happen though.

And why would they trust what they're getting jabbed with

The last vax I got and every expat in the PH should get is Hep B. I got the required doses at a reputable medical clinic. A few years later I had blood work done by a doctor in a hospital, I noticed the negative Hep B antibody test. Shocked, I explained to the doctor. She was not shocked, or even surprised at this "vaccine scam". So she gave me doses of the actual vaccine, and then the antibodies later showed up on the test.

Hep vaccine is good but my personal favorite is Tetanus.

• Like 2