DITO

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I wonder if Ditto will be able to maintain that type of speed as more users switch from Smart or Globe.   I would hate to see them in a "race to the bottom" in terms of speed and reliability. :sad:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I wonder if Ditto will be able to maintain that type of speed as more users switch from Smart or Globe.   I would hate to see them in a "race to the bottom" in terms of speed and reliability. :sad:

Over subscription is the problem, they start off well and just oversell.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We'd hope that as their subscription numbers increase, their infrastructure will too.  Regardless, I'm pretty sure that the simple fact they are now competing with the big 2 and breaking the duopoly has improved the overall level of internet here for all of us.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

We'd hope that as their subscription numbers increase, their infrastructure will too.  Regardless, I'm pretty sure that the simple fact they are now competing with the big 2 and breaking the duopoly has improved the overall level of internet here for all of us.

Yes mine has improved, PLDT.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes mine has improved, PLDT.

I'm Globe - big improvement in terms of reliability now we're on Fiber but even before we upgraded the speed had gone from about 3mbps to 40mbps in 4 or so years.  To be fair, the price has increased too but only around 25% in that time.  

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Not being a tech guy can only assume perhaps Dito are using some pretty up to date hardware on their cell sites.  China being the major shareholder they should have access to the best. if someone had told me these speeds are possible via a cell i would of laughed.  At P200 (moment) for 25 GB  I am a happy punter.

• Like 2