Classic rock quiz

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

No probs.

My dad told me that listening to loud music would make me deaf.

Now that's just a good excuse to play it even louder. :mocking:

The 1500 watt per channel (PMPO) videoke and sound system I bought for the Mrs a couple of weeks ago is great for Jimi Hendrix, etc, and drowns out ALL extraneous noise. :dance:

FBIMG_20210615_174424.jpg

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, graham59 said:

The 1500 watt per channel (PMPO) videoke and sound system I bought for the Mrs a couple of weeks ago is great for Jimi Hendrix, etc, and drowns out ALL extraneous noise. :dance:

1500 watt per channel???

• Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

1500 watt per channel???

Yes...likely BS, of course, but certainly a couple or three hundred REAL watts (RMS ones) per channel, I'd estimate. 12" bass speakers, with matching amp.  Quality isn't bad either. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Speaker sensitivity plays an important part in matching amplifiers.

I owned Klipsch Cornwall's years ago matched with 2A3 vacuum tube SET amp at 2 watt's RMS. Sounded amazing and as loud as needed. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

Klipsch

Are they still well regarded these days?  After I move to the U.S. next year I might be in the market for something, probably mid-range surround sound.  I see on their website they have some.

They started making more average commercial speakers like the 3 channel computer speakers I used to have.  It was very good for a computer speaker system.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Are they still well regarded these days?  After I move to the U.S. next year I might be in the market for something, probably mid-range surround sound.  I see on their website they have some.

They started making more average commercial speakers like the 3 channel computer speakers I used to have.  It was very good for a computer speaker system.

It depends. There are several new heritage models that are very well regarded. 

RBM
Posted
Posted

We had a bit of a you tube trip down memory lane last night. Started Mike Oldfield Tubular bells....Kataro Silk Road......1, 2.....Oh my my memories.

• Like 4

graham59
Posted
Posted

Back in my mid+twenties I was lucky enough to be an area (wholesale and retail) manager for a big music distributor in the UK .

Tubular Bells was popular at that time (which reminded me) . Got it free of course...on tape, along with any other 'samples' I needed.  :biggrin: Nice company car, with a nice sound system installed too.  Happy days.