Dog turd found during surprise inspection of PNP station

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I find it interesting that there seems to be more complaints about the dog turd than there is about only 10 percent of staff being at the station.  Were the remaining 90 percent on patrol or just "not there".  It does not say one way or the other.  In any case if you need to go to the station, better watch where you step. :tongue:

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1453807/pnp-inspectors-find-local-station-gone-to-the-dogs

MANILA, Philippines — A group of internal affairs officers from the Philippine National Police was shocked to find dog turd among other unsightly scenes inside a police station in Mandaue City in Cebu during a surprise inspection last weekend.

The team from the regional PNP Internal Affairs Services (IAS) was appalled to learn that only the station’s deputy commander and three other officers, or barely 10 percent of the 45 personnel assigned to the city’s Police Station 1 were present.

ADVERTISEMENT

This prompted PNP chief Guillermo Eleazar on Wednesday to issue a warning to all police commanders to keep their offices clean or face sanctions.

He reminded all policemen to strictly abide by the PNP’s intensified cleanliness policy (ICP), which also covers the workplace.

Public image
Instead of worrying about being caught violating the ICP, his flagship program, police commanders should be more concerned about how the public would view them.

“It’s more important to keep our stations neat and orderly with a sufficient number of policemen so it wouldn’t be embarrassing and the public would not hesitate to approach us,” Eleazar said in a statement.

When members of the IAS inspection team visited the station at 2 p.m. last Saturday, they saw clothes hung to dry inside the office, an empty bottle of an alcoholic drink, and improperly labeled garbage bins. The canine excrement completed the squalid scene.

The inspectors also saw that the desk officer on duty wasn’t properly wearing his face mask and had no face shield on.

The deputy station commander was stunned by the unexpected visit and could not tell the team how many officers were at the station at the time.

The untidy and grossly undermanned police station is located at the Mandaue City Sports and Cultural Complex along a busy road.

Earning respect
“How will we earn the public’s respect if the police station they go to is like that? Dirty and very much undermanned. How can we serve the public when we cannot even keep our station orderly?” Eleazar said in his statement.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

'Manila's finest'... shithole ? 

Sure deserved that massive pay rise, didn't they. :89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Mike J said:

It does not say one way or the other. 

When we first moved here and we started driving, my wife said we should not drive around 10am or 4 pm. When I asked why, she said that is merianda time and the PNP would be out looking for snack money :hystery:

• Like 4

BC57
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Mike J said:

I find it interesting that there seems to be more complaints about the dog turd than there is about only 10 percent of staff being at the station.  Were the remaining 90 percent on patrol or just "not there".  It does not say one way or the other.  In any case if you need to go to the station, better watch where you step. :tongue:

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1453807/pnp-inspectors-find-local-station-gone-to-the-dogs

MANILA, Philippines — A group of internal affairs officers from the Philippine National Police was shocked to find dog turd among other unsightly scenes inside a police station in Mandaue City in Cebu during a surprise inspection last weekend.

The team from the regional PNP Internal Affairs Services (IAS) was appalled to learn that only the station’s deputy commander and three other officers, or barely 10 percent of the 45 personnel assigned to the city’s Police Station 1 were present.

ADVERTISEMENT

This prompted PNP chief Guillermo Eleazar on Wednesday to issue a warning to all police commanders to keep their offices clean or face sanctions.

He reminded all policemen to strictly abide by the PNP’s intensified cleanliness policy (ICP), which also covers the workplace.

Public image
Instead of worrying about being caught violating the ICP, his flagship program, police commanders should be more concerned about how the public would view them.

“It’s more important to keep our stations neat and orderly with a sufficient number of policemen so it wouldn’t be embarrassing and the public would not hesitate to approach us,” Eleazar said in a statement.

When members of the IAS inspection team visited the station at 2 p.m. last Saturday, they saw clothes hung to dry inside the office, an empty bottle of an alcoholic drink, and improperly labeled garbage bins. The canine excrement completed the squalid scene.

The inspectors also saw that the desk officer on duty wasn’t properly wearing his face mask and had no face shield on.

The deputy station commander was stunned by the unexpected visit and could not tell the team how many officers were at the station at the time.

The untidy and grossly undermanned police station is located at the Mandaue City Sports and Cultural Complex along a busy road.

Earning respect
“How will we earn the public’s respect if the police station they go to is like that? Dirty and very much undermanned. How can we serve the public when we cannot even keep our station orderly?” Eleazar said in his statement.

The missing staff or should I say not accounted for were probably somewhere drinking or at home. I rarely see patrol officers where we live which is Koronadal City, population is about 180K. They are definitely not out after dark. Even if I see them they don't enforce anything. You can witness about 90% of the motorcycle riders including passenger go by without a helmet in front of the police and nothing is done.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, BC57 said:

I rarely see patrol officers where we live

Or they wont do anything.

Before the lockdowns there were about 15 street kids hanging out in front of a 7-11 harassing customers, aggressively begging for money. I walked across the street to a PNP station. 4 cops sitting there to whom I reported it to. What did they do? The guy sitting behind the desk told said "Who has the phone number the the Barangay?" :hungover_40_anim_gif:

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yeah, but the age of 'criminal responsibility' is pretty high here...like 12 years ?  :89:

I believe there are moves ongoing to have it lowered.

Posted
Posted

Dog turd found during surprise inspection of PNP station

How could anyone tell? 

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/2/2021 at 8:10 PM, graham59 said:

'Manila's finest'... shithole ? 

Sure deserved that massive pay rise, didn't they. :89:

It was Cebu as it says in the story above. All stations were warned a few weeks ago to clean their stations and inspections will take place un announced. I guess they didn't read the news or get the memo.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It was Cebu as it says in the story above.

Oops... yes.  My mistake. 

nearlyperfectsmiley.gif

• Haha 3