PRA SRRV Visas question new member

longway
Posted
Posted

I mailed my srrv (? spelling) application from the USA to Makati about 3 weeks ago. Does anyone know if these are being processed now and when i might hear from them?

longway
Posted
Posted (edited)

I mailed the completed application from USA to makati about 4 weeks ago. If I need to go to a Philippine embasy in the USA to complete the process I will do that. Just waiting to hear anything back from Makati now. BTW, can the 10K deposit required be invested in a Philippine stock?

Edited by Old55

Eddie1
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, longway said:

I mailed my srrv (? spelling) application from the USA to Makati about 3 weeks ago. Does anyone know if these are being processed now and when i might hear from them?

I was under the impression that obtaining the SRRV can only be achieved by applicants that are are already in the Philippines at this time?  I don't know this for a fact, it just seems to pop up on things like FB and the like occasionally.    Hopefully this is not the case and I wish you well in your quest.  Maybe you could keep the forum updated with your progress as it could be a benefit to others  .  Good Luck.

Edited by Eddie1
  • Like 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

I hate to add to the negative "longway", but I was also told the same about the SRRV Visa.  My info comes from a Visa and Passport agency in Cebu who ask this specific question of the PRA.  I sincerely hope I'm wrong because in my mind and logic it makes absolutely no sense at all.  But making sense and having any logic to it is definitely not a prerequisite for decision making here.  You might want to consider contacting one of these in country agencies, or contacting the PRA direct.  Good luck to you my friend and God Bless.

JWS  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2021 at 10:52 AM, longway said:

I mailed the completed application from USA to makati about 4 weeks ago. If I need to go to a Philippine embasy in the USA to complete the process I will do that. Just waiting to hear anything back from Makati now. BTW, can the 10K deposit required be invested in a Philippine stock?

Please read some of the other SRRV topics. Theres a link there to the website with all the info. No can not go into to stock. 

longway
Posted
Posted

On 7/8/2021 at 10:16 PM, Eddie1 said:

Maybe you could keep the forum updated with your progress as it could be a benefit to others  .  Good Luck.

I will update if I hear anything. So far nothing. I did notice the application itself is updated from the one I saw on their website a year ago when I first started thinking about going that route.  I downloaded the pdf application, filled it out and printed, added my photo, signed and mailed to the Makati address listed on the form. There was no mention on the form of this having to be done in country. There also was nothing about depositing $ as a requirement although I know that is needed but I have no idea how or where that is done.  I am told now it cannot be invested in Phi stock market.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, longway said:

There also was nothing about depositing $ as a requirement although I know that is needed but I have no idea how or where that is done.  I am told now it cannot be invested in Phi stock market.

Please read previous topics re: SRRV, and you will learn what is required. However, in simple terms, it must be deposited in an approved bank (PRA provides a list) time deposit. You simply open an account after getting a letter stating the parameters of the deposit from PRA to present to the bank. My bank (PNB) branch had not handled this before but, after checking with their home office, received guidance and handled it with no issues.

It is also sometimes possible to apply the deposit amount to an owned property (not land as that is not permitted to foreigners). PRA has information hand-outs that describe the requirements and procedures.

Good luck and hope it works for you!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

However, in simple terms, it must be deposited in an approved bank (PRA provides a list) time deposit.

They only use two banks as far as I know... DBP and Bank of Commerce.  You need to open an account first to get the account up and running and then can deposit. And the US$ must come from an overseas bank...would have beenso much easier if they would have let me remit to from HSBC but nope, they have their own rules.

No way to open such an account I think if not already in country, as forms need signing ( this is the land of forms that need filling ). Good luck

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, longway said:

I will update if I hear anything. So far nothing. I did notice the application itself is updated from the one I saw on their website a year ago when I first started thinking about going that route.  I downloaded the pdf application, filled it out and printed, added my photo, signed and mailed to the Makati address listed on the form. There was no mention on the form of this having to be done in country. There also was nothing about depositing $ as a requirement although I know that is needed but I have no idea how or where that is done.  I am told now it cannot be invested in Phi stock market.

According to this website and I belive its correct,

You must apply for the SRRV while you are in the Philippines. It typically takes 20 days to process the SRRV application. A checklist of requirements and PDFs of the forms listed below are available at https://pra.gov.ph/downloads.  

https://www.visasupply.com/passports-and-visas-101/post/how-to-obtain-a-philippines-retirement-visa

There is no way you can go through the procedure while out of the country so I doubt if your application went anywhere.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Go to the Facebook PRA website and join in the ZOOM meeting.  They say in their comment that they are willing to work with people. (Click on the pic to make it bigger and read the last comment.)

temp.jpg

• Like 1