PRA SRRV Visas question new member

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2021 at 4:24 PM, Peaceful John said:

Do you have any military service "longway"?

Coming in on this, do they recognise military service from other countries, say Australia where I have been recognised as a veteran due to my serving in a war zone?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

do they recognise military service from other countries, say Australia where I have been recognised as a veteran due to my serving in a war zone?

I remember reading that any military personel from any countries that have partnered with the Philippine armed forces at some point.  I have talked to some guys who had no probs getting that visa and others who were told no.  Try it.  Its a good one from what people say.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Coming in on this, do they recognise military service from other countries, say Australia where I have been recognised as a veteran due to my serving in a war zone?

SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY
For foreign nationals, 50 years old & above, who are retired Armed Force officers of foreign countries with existing military ties and/or agreement with the Philippine Government. A monthly pension of at least US$1,000.00 and an SRR Visa deposit of US$1,500.00 are required. The SRR Visa deposit includes the principal applicant and 2 dependents. Additional dependent, entails additional SRR Visa deposit of US$15,000 each (except for former Filipinos). CHILDREN must be legitimate or legally adopted by the Principal Retiree, unmarried and below 21 years old upon joining the program.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

• Like 2

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

Yes, any country that's allies with the Philippine military should qualify for the Special Expanded Courtesy Visa. That's the route I took and it is considerably cheaper with good benefits.  I would strongly recommend it for those of you who are retired or veterans.

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
On 7/18/2021 at 6:27 AM, longway said:

I served in the US Navy, not retired but I have my DD214.

You should qualify "longway" as long as you have a DD 214.  It saves you a good bit of money.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies.

Have these visas been put on hold, like everything else?

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

What would they want as proof, a discharge certificate for example?

longway
Posted
Posted
On 7/13/2021 at 1:24 AM, Peaceful John said:

Do you have any military service "longway"?

I served in the US Navy, did not retire but I do have my DD214.

longway
Posted
Posted
On 7/21/2021 at 11:58 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY
For foreign nationals, 50 years old & above, who are retired Armed Force officers of foreign countries with existing military ties and/or agreement with the Philippine Government. A monthly pension of at least US$1,000.00 and an SRR Visa deposit of US$1,500.00 are required. The SRR Visa deposit includes the principal applicant and 2 dependents. Additional dependent, entails additional SRR Visa deposit of US$15,000 each (except for former Filipinos). CHILDREN must be legitimate or legally adopted by the Principal Retiree, unmarried and below 21 years old upon joining the program.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

I see the explanation of the Special Expanded Courtesy Visa on their website but no listing of a form to apply for this specific visa. Am I missing something? Does this have to be done at the BI office in Makati or can it be done at their embassy in Houston.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Thanks for the replies.

Have these visas been put on hold, like everything else?

No these visas are not on hold and it's not a BI thing. Check the website to proceeded.