Jump to content

Rotisserie chicken herbal stuffing recipe?


Recommended Posts

  • Forum Support

What stuffing recipe is used for a typical Filipino rotisserie chicken?

I use lemongrass, garlic, salt, pepper.  

What do you guys use for the herbal stuffing?

I coat the outside with some olive oil and salt. Any suggestions are welcome. :cheersty:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

What stuffing recipe is used for a typical Filipino rotisserie chicken?

I use lemongrass, garlic, salt, pepper.  

What do you guys use for the herbal stuffing?

I coat the outside with some olive oil and salt. Any suggestions are welcome. :cheersty:

That's about right for Filipino style.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support

I think they sometimes use soy and/or MSG in the coating.

Slightly off topic - why do they call it "erb" and spell it "herb". :tongue:

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
On 7/12/2021 at 12:41 PM, Old55 said:

What do you guys use for the herbal stuffing?

Usually I do the same as when I was in my home country. Breadcrumbs, mixed herbs or what I find here to be the same is italian herbs, salt, pepper and diced onion. As for the skin I use different shake on spices depending on what I feel like. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Manager
On 7/12/2021 at 4:00 PM, Mike J said:

Slightly off topic - why do they call it "erb" and spell it "herb". :tongue:

Probably the same as some call Yeast, east

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support
Posted (edited)
On 7/12/2021 at 1:00 AM, Mike J said:

I think they sometimes use soy and/or MSG in the coating.

Slightly off topic - why do they call it "erb" and spell it "herb". :tongue:

I think the pronunciation depends on your location. On the Left coast Herb her-b is mostly used.

England or Scotland God only knows. Australians and Welsh are simply incomprehensible unless you go drinking with them but that never ends well. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Filipino chicken... took me a few years to understand why I never had to fight for the breast portion... but a good thigh and/or leg is way better... it's the Philippines... so maybe it all makes sense... but I digress :shooter:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

England or Scotland God only knows. Australians and Welsh are simply incomprehensible unless you go drinking with them but that never ends well. 

 

Unlike the brits we never really got into the whole ducking witches into a well thing.

 

Although now I think of it... there is my first ex :hystery:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Support

Stuffed them with lemon grass, garlic, ginger, pepper corns, onion. Basted with soy sauce and baked them in the smoker at 275 until 165 deg.

Got thumbs up from the wife and her sister. 

  • Love it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love some garlic in the chicken.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...