BI warns vloggers in the Philippines

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

Agreed. It's also about the frustration of not being able to get millions or dollars from the largest conglomerate and having to resort to chasing kids with a GoPro for a few hundred bucks. 

To be fair, it's hardly fair to beat the Philippines with a stick over the tax avoidance by the mega corporations when much bigger and more sophisticated tax regiment cannot beat them i.e. the UK and the USA to name just two.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

from sari-sari stores d

Sari stores will not make enough income to pay tax. You have to earn a certain amount in business and I cant remember what it is but not taxable, besides none would be a registered business. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Sari stores will not make enough income to pay tax. You have to earn a certain amount in business and I cant remember what it is but not taxable, besides none would be a registered business. 

Up to 250,000 php is tax free BUT that doesn't mean anyone earning below that doesn't need to do anything, they still have to register their business and pay the annual registration fee as well as file tax returns etc.  I am an online teacher and have to do all of that regardless of how meagre my income way be.  

• Thanks 2