Indonesia Regulator Allows Ivermectin Use For Covid Treatment

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

if no news source can be trusted

Why do you say that?  I honestly believe that the Australian Broadcasting Commission -  ABC Australia (and the British Broadcasting Commission - BBC) do their best to present honest and balanced news and information and there are others as well (and yes there are junk news outlets too).

But 'no' news source can be trusted?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

1) doesn't prevent getting Covid
2) doesn't prevent spreading Covid
3) actually results in Covid or Covid-positivity, as it's happening in UK, Israel etc.

Nobody ever said 1) and 2) wouldn't happen.  I don't really understand what your point is in 3) - are you saying the vaccination is actually causing covid?

It's simple enough - the vaccines are "sold" on the basis that they will, in the majority of cases, reduce the impact of Covid on the individual i.e. they will reduce hospitalisations and ultimately deaths.  Nothing coming out of the UK suggests this isn't the case - quite the opposite in fact.

The vaccines are doing their job as it says on the tin.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Nobody ever said 1) and 2) wouldn't happen.  I don't really understand what your point is in 3) - are you saying the vaccination is actually causing covid?

It's simple enough - the vaccines are "sold" on the basis that they will, in the majority of cases, reduce the impact of Covid on the individual i.e. they will reduce hospitalisations and ultimately deaths.  Nothing coming out of the UK suggests this isn't the case - quite the opposite in fact.

Correct an even the CDC website explains that but obviously few check to confirm.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/keythingstoknow.html

What we know

COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19, especially severe illness and death. COVID-19 vaccines reduce the risk of people spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. If you are fully vaccinated, you can resume activities that you did before the pandemic. Learn more about what you can do when you have been fully vaccinated.

Studies show that COVID-19 vaccines are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine will also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19. Learn more about the benefits of getting vaccinated.

illustration of woman in face mask who received vaccine

COVID-19 vaccines teach our immune systems how to recognize and fight the virus that causes COVID-19. It typically takes 2 weeks after vaccination for the body to build protection (immunity) against the virus that causes COVID-19. That means it is possible a person could still get COVID-19 before or just after vaccination and then get sick because the vaccine did not have enough time to build protection. People are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines, or 2 weeks after the single-dose Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 vaccine.

• Like 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2021 at 11:51 AM, hk blues said:

I don't really understand what your point is in 3) - are you saying the vaccination is actually causing covid?

According to some data it seems that yes, a large number of vaccinated people get Covid soon after. Could be a coincidence but the causal nexus could not be written off.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:51 AM, hk blues said:

The impact of Covid is asymptomatic or looks like a mild cold or flu at best. If one gets "light Covid" after being immunised, what evidence is there to give merit to the vaccine? What if they would have caught "light Covid" anyway without the vaccine...like the majority of the population who caught it way before vaccines were introduced?

My opinion only, of course. Medically speaking vaccines are a placebo at best. As an instrument to enforce a form of techno-medical authoritarianism, they are insanely wrong. And all the protests all over Europe are showing what people think of the idea of discriminating people based on who gets vaccinated and who doesn't.  

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Like 2

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2021 at 8:20 AM, GeoffH said:

Why do you say that?  I honestly believe that the Australian Broadcasting Commission -  ABC Australia (and the British Broadcasting Commission - BBC) do their best to present honest and balanced news and information and there are others as well (and yes there are junk news outlets too).

But 'no' news source can be trusted?

I honestly stopped believing in the ABC, the BBC and other newscasting 3-letter agencies a long time ago.

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

:whistling::whistling:

sheep.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

discriminating people based on who gets vaccinated and who doesn't.  

And if some in power here have it their way it might happen here also.

Concepcion suggested to Health Secretary Francisco Duque 3rd to consider limiting the movement of unvaccinated people, like what the French government is doing, to stop the spread of the disease.

Concepcion: Delta threat calls for 'bold moves' (msn.com)

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

According to some data it seems that yes, a large number of vaccinated people get Covid soon after. Could be a coincidence but the causal nexus could not be written off.

The impact of Covid is asymptomatic or looks like a mild cold or flu at best. If one gets "light Covid" after being immunised, what evidence is there to give merit to the vaccine? What if they would have caught "light Covid" anyway without the vaccine...like the majority of the population who caught it way before vaccines were introduced?

My opinion only, of course. Medically speaking vaccines are a placebo at best. As an instrument to enforce a form of techno-medical authoritarianism, they are insanely wrong. And all the protests all over Europe are showing what people think of the idea of discriminating people based on who gets vaccinated and who doesn't.  

I just cannot agree with your opinion on vaccines in general - let's leave it at that.

• Like 1

KC813
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

sheep.jpg

This is funny!

On 7/25/2021 at 11:12 AM, Gandang Smile said:

My opinion only, of course. Medically speaking vaccines are a placebo at best.

So is this.

You guys sure keep me laughing!  :feetontable_anim:

robert k
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, scott h said:

And if some in power here have it their way it might happen here also.

Concepcion suggested to Health Secretary Francisco Duque 3rd to consider limiting the movement of unvaccinated people, like what the French government is doing, to stop the spread of the disease.

Concepcion: Delta threat calls for 'bold moves' (msn.com)

I saw a protest from France setting up Guillotine.

• Haha 1