JOHNSON & JOHNSON COVID 19 VACCINE AT UNITED STATES VA MANILA

BC57
Posted
Posted
On 7/15/2021 at 5:28 PM, Yeochief said:

Got the Johnson & Johnson COVID 19 vaccine today, before going in the VA workers asked if my wife wanted to also get it.  We both got it at the same time.  If United States Veterans want to get the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (one shot) for there spouse or caregiver the below is how to contact VA Manila.  The below is from an email sent out by the VA Manila Director.

A dedicated phone line has been set up at the VA Manila Clinic to accommodate the high demand to schedule vaccine appointments. Veterans can contact the Manila Outpatient Clinic at +63-02-8550-3888, Press Option 2 for the Outpatient Clinic, then press 3 for COVID-19 Vaccine Scheduling. Please understand that there may be extended hold times over the next several days as we try to schedule as many Veterans as possible. The Clinic’s phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8AM to 3PM. Additionally, the Clinic’s phone lines will be open on Saturday, July 10 from 8AM to 3PM.

We just the J&J vaccine in our city so we are going to the brgy tomorrow morning to register so we can get our jab.:smile:

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BC57 said:

We just the J&J vaccine in our city so we are going to the brgy tomorrow morning to register so we can get our jab.:smile:

I know this is just anecdotal, but the neighbor across the street from me got the J&J. It hit him hard and after a tough week at home he ended up in the hospital. He is younger than me and was still working as a painter refinishing cabinets but he did have some other underlying health issues.

• Like 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Wife and I got our J&J on 15 July 2021 at the United States VA, no side effects at all.  I think at two weeks after the shot we are covered at about 66% and will be at 100% about 4 weeks after the shot.  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 8/1/2021 at 12:06 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I read it was only meant to be given to seniors and most of it went to province areas to make it easier for those in more remote places to get it with one trip only. I know here in Cebu city its seniors only.

You may be right.  Here is what the head of the freeport said a few days ago:

Just to give you perspective on vaccine supplies - Olongapo City received 7,800 J & J doses this week while SBMA received 300 J & J doses. 

- I was advised that vaccines for 1,000 people will arrive for the A4 launch last July 27, only 300 arrived.

Also, the DOH dictates which priority group the vaccines they give should be given to, i.e. the 300 J &J sent this week should Only be for A1 to A3, even if we already opened A4, on their instructions, we cannot use those for A4.

I think in Olongapo most seniors have gotten at least one jab.  They are on A4.  Now they are going to the homes of seniors and disabled to give the jab at home.  J&J would be best for that.

Side note, Amy Eisma, head of the freeport, put herself in 14 day quarantine because she was exposed to some family members who tested positive.  Quote:

SAFETY FIRST

I would like to inform everybody, especially the stakeholders of the Subic Bay Freeport Zone that I am on a self-imposed 14-day quarantine starting yesterday following exposure to family members whom I visited with recently and who went for a test yesteday and tested positive today for Covid-19 infection.

My doctor advised that I am low-risk for infection because I have been fully vaccinated, the family I visited are also vaccinated, and that I wore a mask and stayed less than 15 minutes during the visit.

However, prudence dictates that I take all safety precautions to protect those around me, my office staff and co-workers, as well as the stakeholders I regularly interact with.

This does not seem to be a vote of confidence for vaccines and masks!  This is the second 14 day quarantine she has done.  I think the first was before being vaccinated.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I disagree and see it as a person maximising the safety of people around them. 

I wasn't referring to just her, but the situation.

Meets with family.  She is vaccinated.  The family involved is vaccinated.

She wore mask.  Not sure about the family.

I wonder if they socially distanced.  Probably not.

Family went for tests yesterday.  Not sure why.  Some or all of them tested positive.  Why?

The circumstances are the vote of non-confidence in vaccines and masks.

1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

Just as seat belts don't save all people in crashes and air bags don't save all people in crashes but using both is still better than using one and much better than neither.

It's about improving the odds... simple as that.

Ok, but life has risks.  Where do you draw the line?  There are many ways to improve your risks.  Don't eat unhealthy food.  Don't drink alcohol in excess.  Don't get sunburned.  Don't ride in cars, period.  Don't ride skateboards.  Don't go outside.  Don't walk down a steep, wet, slippery driveway with a heavy wheelbarrow, wearing worn out flip flops.  You have to make a judgement call when you do anything possibly risky in life.  Or let the government decide for you.

• Like 2

Joey G
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Ok, but life has risks.  Where do you draw the line?  There are many ways to improve your risks.  Don't eat unhealthy food.  Don't drink alcohol in excess.  Don't get sunburned.  Don't ride in cars, period.  Don't ride skateboards.  Don't go outside.  Don't walk down a steep, wet, slippery driveway with a heavy wheelbarrow, wearing worn out flip flops.  You have to make a judgement call when you do anything possibly risky in life.  Or let the government decide for you.

Couldn't agree more...  I'm all for vaccinations and q'ing those who are positive... but somewhere along the line here the risk (of vaccinated people passing to other vaccinated people and then passing it on to other unvaccinated people).... becomes lower than many other things that can wrong in life. 

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Joey G said:

Couldn't agree more...  I'm all for vaccinations and q'ing those who are positive... but somewhere along the line here the risk (of vaccinated people passing to other vaccinated people and then passing it on to other unvaccinated people).... becomes lower than many other things that can wrong in life. 

That's all true... however deciding where the line is drawn is hard (for me at least)... but medical experts are suggesting that the Covid 'opening up' line should really be drawn at somewhere between 70-90% vaccination of a population and myself (not being an expert) am happy to take the experts advice.

The Philippines getting to that level of vaccination?  I can't see it happening any time soon (if ever).

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/3/2021 at 6:33 AM, GeoffH said:

The Philippines getting to that level of vaccination?  I can't see it happening any time soon (if ever).

9% fully vaccinated I read today.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I offered our entire immediate family a "gift" if they got vaccinated. They all got the J&J yesterday. I'm kinda pissed off at them for being so stubborn. My father in law is not well at age 93 he choose not to get it. 

My wife is due to arrive CEB the 14th. I'm not pleased she's going during this Delta outbreak but understand her wanting to be with her Father.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic