Where can I travel to ?

Freebie
Posted
Posted

English guy, living in Philippines and after 1.5 years  of not traveling, looking to travel internationally, on a road trip type vacation. Just myself.

I had done lots of research and was set on exploring the Northern and Western Cape in South Africa. Few restrictions  to enterbut, suddenly major riots, deaths, arrests and looting.

Not so much in North and Western cape but things are still on edge there so maybe I change my plans. Ive lived in South Africa previously and know how things can change for the worse there quite quickly.

Thought and looked at Namibia where I have visited previously but with a 4 wheel drive becomes quite an expensive trip , at the edge of my budget.

Now looking at US, but not sure what restrictions there are, ... Canada seems to be shut, as is Aus and NZ. Not particularly interested in Europe and from Philipines UK< still has us on their Red List.

Any thoughts or recommendations as alternatives.... and yes Im willing to do the 7 days quarantine on my return.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Saw this online for travel to the States

Visit The USA COVID-19 Travel Guidelines

Webpage did not have a date on it. If I read it right you should be able to travel to the States.

My question would be is what type of visa are you in the Phil with. Unless you have a 13a you might not be able to return at all for the foreseeable future

• Like 1

insite
Posted
Posted

If you want to be safe you could walk around you garden awhile just like Captain Tom ..........

Joke lang !

:cheersty:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The west coast US is almost normal. Masks are required in some establishments other than that no restrictions.

Are you sure Philippines will allow your return entry?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Have you been vaccinated for covid?  I think that would have an effect  on which countries you could visit, entry requirements, quarantine, etc. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Never been there, but I have friends who visited parts of Borneo several times and really enjoyed it. They also visited Cambodia with similar reports. But I have no idea regarding visas or virus-influenced restrictions...

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for various replies.

Yes I have been vaccinated and I have the SRRV so returning here is no problem at all.

US is a good possibility as I have had many road trips in US, Blue Ridge mountains, around the Lakes and California to Montana etc previously.......easy place to hang out for a while away from here and return refreshed to the Land of More Fun.

Cambodia at moment is shut or being shut as cases rising , and have been there 4 or 5 times, and Borneo and Sabah are both excellent too, have been many times but Malaysia having big covid problems. I particularly used to like Kota Kinabalu in Sabah, next to Borneo in the good old days before hordes of our Chinese friends descended on everywhere cool in Asia.

Edited by Freebie
  • Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Thanks for various replies.

Yes I have been vaccinated and I have the SRRV so returning here is no problem at all.

US is a good possibility as I have had many road trips in US, Blue Ridge mountains, around the Lakes and California to Montana etc previously.......easy place to hang out for a while away from here and return refreshed to the Land of More Fun.

Cambodia at moment is shut or being shut as cases rising , and have been there 4 or 5 times, and Borneo and Sabah are both excellent too, have been many times but Malaysia having big covid problems. I particularly used to like Kota Kinabalu in Sabah, next to Borneo in the good old days before hordes of our Chinese friends descended on everywhere cool in Asia.

As per other topics, just be aware that not all vaccines are recognised everywhere so best check in advance.

• Like 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Random idea... but if you've never been to Zion National Park area (Utah)... only 2 hours North of Las Vegas.... safe, reasonable prices, beautiful area, and won't be crowded after August... especially after later September... the while state of Utah is great for exploring.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Thanks Joey.. looks excellent for the hikes that I like !  Appreciate the suggestion. 

Have been through Utah before....including the very strange Salt Lake city where every mormon smiles at everyone else.. which can be quite eery especially when not used to it. But it becomes endearing after a while.....

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic