First cases of delta strain found in the Philippines

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Heeb said:

But they already did two rounds of 5k stimulus payments and it was controlled by the barangay so nobody got payed twice.

Maybe. :whistling:

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I think it was poor people like my wife’s family that got 5k and those are the people they need to give incentives to vaccinate. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Heeb said:

I think it was poor people like my wife’s family that got 5k and those are the people they need to give incentives to vaccinate. 

Yes, but who decided who was poor enough to get the support?  And more importantly, what checks and balances were in place to match the amount given and the amount distributed to those in need?

Anyway, it is what it is. 

• Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yes, but who decided who was poor enough to get the support?  And more importantly, what checks and balances were in place to match the amount given and the amount distributed to those in need?

I’m just saying they will probably at best reach 30% vaccinated unless they force or pay off the masses. I read a recent article that said 40% of Filipinos are now willing to get vaccinated but I don’t believe that survey is accurate at all, I don’t think they went into the slums and boondocks and asked any of those people, these are the ones going about there business not wearing a mask, I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

Edited by Heeb
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Heeb said:

I’m just saying they will probably at best reach 30% vaccinated unless they force or pay off the masses. I read a recent article that said 40% of Filipinos are now willing to get vaccinated but I don’t believe that survey is accurate at all, I don’t think they went into the slums and boondocks and asked any of those people, these are the ones going about there business not wearing a mask, I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

Yep, it will likely come down to using either the carrot or the stick approach. Carrot - money.  Stick - cannot enter certain buildings i.e. malls.  

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, hk blues said:

When will enough be enough?

RBM
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Heeb said:

What have you seen with your own eyes?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Guy F. said:

When will enough be enough?

I'm not sure what exactly you are asking - enough of what?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, RBM said:

I read a recent article that said 40% of Filipinos are now willing to get vaccinated but I don’t believe that survey is accurate at all, I don’t think they went into the slums and boondocks and asked any of those people,

Yeah well thats the other 60% of the population so 40% would be right.

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm not sure what exactly you are asking - enough of what?

"It", of course. "It" being corruption. And "enough" would be an amount of "it" to stimulate actual reform.

Edited by Guy F.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic