Dumaguete proposed reclamation project

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So they can dry rice on the end :shades:

Or set up one of these for the seven day wake.  Drives me crazy to see one these blocking one lane of the road. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Drives me crazy to see one these blocking one lane of the road. 

Boy, did you nail this one....in our town the tents are delivered by Barangay trucks, with flowers from local politicians, but if you park your car, it gets towed :cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

never ends.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)

This reminds me of the (long since) cancelled P40B MegaHarbour project in Davao, a massive multi-purpose coastal development built on reclaimed land. The project would have given Davao a new urban front-end, as well as hiring 10,000 workers.

Then Mayor Rodrigo Duterte gave the project the green light, then he went on to Malacanang. When his daughter Sara took over as Mayor, she immediately cancelled the project over "environmental concerns". Many insinuated that she preferred to keep her "informal settler" (squatter) votes intact, rather than giving Davao coastline a much-needed makeover.

Mega Harbor port Project, set to be implemented in Davao City | Philippine  Primer

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 7/17/2021 at 7:07 PM, GeoffH said:

* Clark is called Clark International airport but is still listed as class 1 domestic

On 7/18/2021 at 11:10 AM, hk blues said:

Same with Iloilo - called Iloilo International Airport and has international flights but...

Not sure what your sources are but according to this they are classified as International.

https://www.bfar.da.gov.ph/files/img/photos/classifiedairports.pdf

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Not sure what your sources are but according to this they are classified as International.

My source was Geoff - blame him!  :tongue:

• Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

And my source was out of date... sorry guys (although the passenger numbers were correct for the years the data was for).

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The new Clark terminal is supposed to open any day now.  It was planned to add a lot of Intl flights but I'm not sure how that will work with Covid going on.

Subic Int'l just got 3 Int'l PAL flights be from ME.  Repatriation flights.  3 more planned.  PAL needed them because the PAX per day limit at NAIA is maxed.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

And my source was out of date... sorry guys (although the passenger numbers were correct for the years the data was for).

Due to pandemic conditions this forum sentences you to four years quarantine. We punish anyone very hard that make mistakes.  :56da64a413b01_3_12_311:

• Haha 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Due to pandemic conditions this forum sentences you to four years quarantine. We punish anyone very hard that make mistakes.  :56da64a413b01_3_12_311:

With time already served thats only... 2 years... I can do that standing on my verandah :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1