ACR Card Renewal

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Dearest Fonts of all knowledge. Firstly I hope you are all well.

Well my ACR Card (13a Permanent Residence) expires in September 2021 and I have booked several trips, from the UAE, to Philippines in order to renew it but each time a flight ban from the UAE scuppers my plans.

At present I have another trip booked in August but am still not hopeful it will happen. I just wanted to ask if anyone else had faced a similar issue and if so what happened? If I can't renew in time will they extend due to COVID? Can I do by Power of Attorney as I am unable to attend in person? If it does expire and I do return in the future will I need to reapply and do the full process again? I have not been able to report to BI this year either, for the same reasons, but they have said any fines re waived due to COVID.

I look forward to hearing any ideas or information.

Please stay safe and well and I know I would rather be in the Philippines now then stuck here in the UAE.

Paul

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Dearest Fonts of all knowledge. Firstly I hope you are all well.

Well my ACR Card (13a Permanent Residence) expires in September 2021 and I have booked several trips, from the UAE, to Philippines in order to renew it but each time a flight ban from the UAE scuppers my plans.

At present I have another trip booked in August but am still not hopeful it will happen. I just wanted to ask if anyone else had faced a similar issue and if so what happened? If I can't renew in time will they extend due to COVID? Can I do by Power of Attorney as I am unable to attend in person? If it does expire and I do return in the future will I need to reapply and do the full process again? I have not been able to report to BI this year either, for the same reasons, but they have said any fines re waived due to COVID.

I look forward to hearing any ideas or information.

Please stay safe and well and I know I would rather be in the Philippines now then stuck here in the UAE.

Paul

First of all, I sympathise with your predicament and hope the BI have something in place for this scenario - to be fair they have generally considered the current environment so fingers crossed.

I'm not sure power of attorney will be possible as the renewal process requires fingerprinting and new photo - at least it did for me.

They are generaly good at responding to emails if you email your local office so maybe that's at least a starting point. As with all things here, what is the case in one office may well be different in another hence my suggestion.

Good Luck!

PaulB
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

First of all, I sympathise with your predicament and hope the BI have something in place for this scenario - to be fair they have generally considered the current environment so fingers crossed.

I'm not sure power of attorney will be possible as the renewal process requires fingerprinting and new photo - at least it did for me.

They are generaly good at responding to emails if you email your local office so maybe that's at least a starting point. As with all things here, what is the case in one office may well be different in another hence my suggestion.

Good Luck!

Thank you. Will get the Wife to send an email across to BI and see what happens. I am happy to follow any requirements just the hardest one, getting there, seems out of reach at the moment.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, PaulB said:

Thank you. Will get the Wife to send an email across to BI and see what happens. I am happy to follow any requirements just the hardest one, getting there, seems out of reach at the moment.

Sounds like a plan.

At least you will then know what you can and cannot do.

And, no point worrying about the stuff you cannot do as I've come to appreciate here.

Again, good luck.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted

What about the Philippine Embassy in the UAE?  Can’t they be of assistance? 

• Like 3