Anyone shipped a container to Philippines lately?

boyee
Posted
Posted

Hi, I'm looking for a company that can ship a 40 foot container from California to Manila.  Any suggestions?  Costs ? 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, boyee said:

Hi, I'm looking for a company that can ship a 40 foot container from California to Manila.  Any suggestions?  Costs ? 

Very rare do I hear of anyone shipping a container but you might get an idea here, https://www.icontainers.com/ship-container/philippines/

• Like 1

boyee
Posted
Posted
On 7/21/2021 at 10:06 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Very rare do I hear of anyone shipping a container but you might get an idea here, https://www.icontainers.com/ship-container/philippines/

Well I'm doing it.  The wife wants to move all the Western comfort to her new home on the farm.  Granted I still have to build the house.  Right after I build my bamboo nipa hut where I will live.  lol.  I guess I better include an inverter so she can run all her western appliances at 110.  Anyway if anyone wants to throw in some more random junk into my shipping container leaving Oakland let me know.  no seriously please don't, we have enough western electrical shit as it is.  Boy am I looking forward to that bamboo hut, charcoal stove, simple life.  

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, boyee said:

Well I'm doing it.  The wife wants to move all the Western comfort to her new home on the farm.  Granted I still have to build the house.  Right after I build my bamboo nipa hut where I will live.  lol.  I guess I better include an inverter so she can run all her western appliances at 110.  Anyway if anyone wants to throw in some more random junk into my shipping container leaving Oakland let me know.  no seriously please don't, we have enough western electrical shit as it is.  Boy am I looking forward to that bamboo hut, charcoal stove, simple life.  

If you have yet to build, consider wiring the house with both 240 and 110 outlets.  Will probably make your life easier in the long run and maybe cost less to boot.  That assumes of course that 110 appliances do not get plugged into a 240 outlet. :sad: 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, boyee said:

The wife wants to move all the Western comfort to her new home on the farm.

Thats where the Aussies have an advantage.  Cheaper to ship a container from there (I'm told) and the appliances already work on Philippine voltage.  Only problem is the plugs don't match up.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thats where the Aussies have an advantage.  Cheaper to ship a container from there (I'm told) and the appliances already work on Philippine voltage.  Only problem is the plugs don't match up.

Easy to get adapters but as long as things can work OK on 50 Hz rather than the Philippines 60 Hz then OK. I recall reading somewhere that some appliance's will wear out quicker as they will be spinning faster.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Thanks for setting me straight Dave.  For some reason I assumed they were bringing 110 appliances.   :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

robert k
Posted
Posted

You might get a break on the container itself. I've hear that the they have been piling up in the US because we have been receiving still but not exporting as much.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Mike J said:

Thanks for setting me straight Dave.  For some reason I assumed they were bringing 110 appliances.   :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Wait, he is from USA.  Thanks for getting me all confused Dave.  :hystery:

graham59
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Easy to get adapters but as long as things can work OK on 50 Hz rather than the Philippines 60 Hz then OK. I recall reading somewhere that some appliance's will wear out quicker as they will be spinning faster.

I noticed my two fans from England (50hz ?) didn't last long. :sad: