Olympics on television?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

What channel(s), if any, are the Olympics being shown on?  I have Cignal satelite.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mike J said:

What channel(s), if any, are the Olympics being shown on?  I have Cignal satelite.

Not exactly what you asked for... but if you have good internet and you have a VPN try setting it to Melbourne or Sydney and streaming from here...

NB give it a bit of time to load and it should play.

https://7plus.com.au/sport

Edited by GeoffH
  • Thanks 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Not exactly what you asked for... but if you have good internet and you have a VPN try setting it to Melbourne or Sydney and streaming from here... 

https://7plus.com.au/sport

No VPN, but will give it a try.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
Just now, Mike J said:

No VPN, but will give it a try.

I think it will detect you're not in Australia without a VPN and then it won't work but can't hurt to try.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

https://www.viprow.me/  if you look at top they have an olympics section. BEware theres lots of pop ups but when you close them and get to the correct section its all good.

• Thanks 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

It took 97 years, but the Philippines has its first-ever Olympic gold medal. 

Hidilyn Diaz made history on Monday when she won the gold medal for women's 55-kilogram weightlifting, ending the Philippines' gold medal drought that started when it first began participating in the Summer Games in 1924. 

Diaz won with a total of 224 kilograms, an Olympic record and just one more than second-place finisher Liao Qiuyun of China. Liao also set the world record for 55 kilograms in 2019 with 227 kilograms. 

Diaz was tied with Liao going into the clean and jerk. She'd made two other attempts to lift her final weight of 127 kilograms, which would put her ahead of Liao. She had just one more attempt left, so it all came down to the dramatic final lift. Once she'd lifted the bar over her head and heard the buzzer, she dropped it and burst into tears as members of her team came over to embrace her. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 7/25/2021 at 12:03 PM, Mike J said:

I don't know if you have found it yet, but on my Cignal set-up it's channel 198.  There are 4 channels showing, but 3 of them are either PPV or require an upgrade - Ch198 is OK on my plan.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Congratulations to the winner :)

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Congratulations to the winner :)

So far, no winners. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I can imagine the reporting on the Olympics is going to be way different from my days of growing up. It'll be more concentrated on the woke agenda and the odd mention of a medal or two.  I'm not a TV fan so just catch up on social media and if it's anything to go by I feel sorry for the true amateur athletes. 

• Like 1