Olympics on television?

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Fencer and Filipina American Lee Keifer became the first American woman to win a gold medal in individual foil Sunday.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I was so excited to see Hidilyn Diaz win the gold, and to see an up and coming female weightlifter Elreen Ando from Cebu.:smile: 

Female boxer Nesthy Petecio is hopefully headed for gold, as well as male boxer Carlo Paalam!  Pole vaulter EJ Obiena has a good shot too!

I'm really only interested in the Filipino Olympians now.. They have a lot of heart! :smile:

• Like 4

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Eumir Marcial, Filipino Middleweight just knocked out his opponent in the first round, for the bronze! He'll go on to win the Gold I predict!:thumbsup:

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 7/25/2021 at 12:03 PM, Mike J said:

What channel(s), if any, are the Olympics being shown on?  I have Cignal satelite.

Mike--look for a  lot Olympic boxing on Cignal, channel 5

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 8/1/2021 at 3:22 PM, Queenie O. said:

Mike--look for a  lot Olympic boxing on Cignal, channel 5

Did you see or read about the Irish boxer who injured his ankle when celebrating his win.  Now out because of the injury.  What a heart breaker that has to be. 

• Sad 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Did you see or read about the Irish boxer who injured his ankle when celebrating his win.  Now out because of the injury.  What a heart breaker that has to be. 

That was awful Mike! He said the ankle had not been an issue until the celebration. Tough break  for his lost chance.

FYI --Petecio chases Gold at 12:05 PM today, (Philippine time) and this morning Paalam will fight this morning, at10:15 AM.

Marcial will go for the Gold on thursday,  Aug. 5at 2:03 PM 

I hope that they all do well!

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Very unfortunate but I remember the last Olympics in the Tae Kwon Do finals.  One guy was one point up and the clock has stopped with one second to go. When the bell went to continue instead of running away he lunged at his opponent who kicked him in the head giving him 1.5 points and the Gold medal. They tried to interview the loser but he couldn't talk for crying. Heartbreaking to watch knowing he'd trained so hard to lose it in  split second.  

• Like 2