EED no longer required for qualifying 9a Visa holders from August 1st.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've still not heard from him and his plane should have landed by now.  He's a bit hot headed so I'm thinking the worse.  I know Manila immigration have definitely turned people around on arrival and the cost is passed to the airline who no doubt will get their money back somehow. 

If he has no visa and is hot headed, he could end up getting arrested, deported, and black listed.  Sounds like he may be the "ready, fire, aim" type of guy?   Hopefully he will get stopped in Dubai and he can continue his quest to get the proper authorization.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

As of 8:37am today there's still no news from him. 24hrs after he should have arrived. I think my prediction will come true unless he's lost his phone. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Good timing. He finally replied. He got all the way to Cebu and got turned around. Sent him to Clark and then onto Dubai where he is currently stuck. 

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Expensive place to be stuck. :huh:

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Expensive place to be stuck. :huh:

It'll be interesting to see if he is blacklisted now. Not sure how it works if refused entry at immigration in breach of covid rules. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

It'll be interesting to see if he is blacklisted now. Not sure how it works if refused entry at immigration in breach of covid rules. 

I'm on an immigration forum for the U.S. that has a Philippines section.  This happened to a guy there and he thought he would be blacklisted, but the experts were not sure and I don't think he reported back.  Some people told him how to check if he was blacklisted.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm on an immigration forum for the U.S. that has a Philippines section.  This happened to a guy there and he thought he would be blacklisted, but the experts were not sure and I don't think he reported back.  Some people told him how to check if he was blacklisted.

I just looked on the immigration site. It's as clear as mud lol 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

He got a response from the Embassy and they informed him they are not releasing any more 9a visas until the 1st of August when they do away with the Entrance Exemption Certificate. Coinciding with a proposed 2 week circuit breaker lockdown no doubt. Either way he is screwed. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

He got a response from the Embassy and they informed him they are not releasing any more 9a visas until the 1st of August when they do away with the Entrance Exemption Certificate. Coinciding with a proposed 2 week circuit breaker lockdown no doubt. Either way he is screwed. 

For the sake of his kids, I hope he does not end up on the black list.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

For the sake of his kids, I hope he does not end up on the black list.

I advised him to blame the airline even though he was pre warned as they had a responsiblity to ensure his paperwork was in order.  Fortunately they agreed and have given him one night in a Dubai hotel for free. His RT-PCR runs out today but he's off to the Embassy when it opens to see what he can do.. 

• Like 1