EED no longer required for qualifying 9a Visa holders from August 1st.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Just looked on the BI Facebook and it looks like it was updated on the 31st of August to give people loads of notice. :whistling: I had been keeping him updated on changes and had previously sent him the screen shot banning entry up to the 1st which I got on Facebook.  Even the consulate never informed him on his first visit.  Just told him to come back on the 30th to book an appointment.  On the 30th they told him about the new changes which at the time weren't on the BI site or Facebook as I'd checked.  Further proof how up to date they are. 

Even here on Boracay they published an executive order taking immediate effect reference the requirement for antigen tests. Fully screwing the workers and local tourists.  It's more fun in the Philippines.

I believe the IATF meet about the middle of the month and near the end to decide on what punishment's to serve, I mean restrictions ETC. Then the president has a bit of a say and sometimes it takes a few days to sort out so may take a few days to appear but in most likeliness most the embassies know and most people can see further lockdowns coming for sure but anyway he chose to ignore all advice from the beginning so good luck to him.

JUst to add, yes notices are updated all the time as things change so anyone who this affects should read , read and check many times.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I believe the IATF meet about the middle of the month and near the end to decide on what punishment's to serve, I mean restrictions ETC. Then the president has a bit of a say and sometimes it takes a few days to sort out so may take a few days to appear but in most likeliness most the embassies know and most people can see further lockdowns coming for sure but anyway he chose to ignore all advice from the beginning so good luck to him.

JUst to add, yes notices are updated all the time as things change so anyone who this affects should read , read and check many times.

A perfect example being Boracay and Aklan's latest Executive Order. I got home about 7:30pm from the restaurant to see the latest EO pop up showing curfews starting today at 8pm and no indoor eating starting this morning plus a host of other things I'd been doing all day.  Absolutely zero warning for anyone. 

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 8/1/2021 at 11:24 PM, Snowy79 said:

A perfect example being Boracay and Aklan's latest Executive Order. I got home about 7:30pm from the restaurant to see the latest EO pop up showing curfews starting today at 8pm and no indoor eating starting this morning plus a host of other things I'd been doing all day.  Absolutely zero warning for anyone. 

And just as you get adjusted to the new level, it seems to change.  But I think what most of are feeling right now is the frustration of "going backward and when will this ever end".   But, as bad as it is, I cannot imagine how awful it would be without masks, social distance, vaccine, etc.  

image.jpeg

• Like 1