LAPU-LAPU COVID 19 VACCINE

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

That's just the ncov test. There are other more accurate Rt-Pcr tests out there that detect types of Influenza and Sars Cov2.  They are just allowing the older tests to be used up as those tend to be used alongside serology tests. 

That doesn't sound good. So the data we have been working off of is less accurate than it could have been? Especially with recent news about breakthrough infections and deaths, accurate data.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, robert k said:

How do you know it's from covid? The CDC admits that the PCR test can't tell covid from any other kind of flu and even the common cold is a corona virus.

Well if the doctor that examined the patient said it was covid, and Robert who never saw the patient and lives far away says it was a common cold - take a guess who I would tend to believe.  :whistling:

Are you suggesting the trials of boosters and/or shots from two different vaccines should be halted?

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Well if the doctor that examined the patient said it was covid, and Robert who never saw the patient and lives far away says it was a common cold - take a guess who I would tend to believe.  :whistling:

Are you suggesting the trials of boosters and/or shots from two different vaccines should be halted?

Nice strawman. I'm going to call you a liar. I said how did you know? I did NOT say it couldn't be covid. Quote me where I said it could not be covid?

• Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

That doesn't sound good. So the data we have been working off of is less accurate than it could have been? Especially with recent news about breakthrough infections and deaths, accurate data.

Only certain medical facilities were using that test, one of many tests that were approved. Anyone that had serious covid also received serology testing as a final confirmation.  We will never know the true outcome of it as there were false positives and negatives plus at the onset many never even received testing.  Today's tests are highly accurate and followed up even further with genome testing to see if the virus has mutated. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, robert k said:

Nice strawman. I'm going to call you a liar. I said how did you know? I did NOT say it couldn't be covid. Quote me where I said it could not be covid?

Is this better?

May be an image of text that says 'PAUNIQI FA MUNICIPALITY OF MOALBOAL PARRINT ROTITON DE Moalboal Rural Health Unit OFFC SEAL 126 TOTALNUMBER OFCASES OF CASES 33 ACTIVE CASES (2 2NEW) COVID-19 BULLETIN Aso of 30, 2021 84 RECOVERIES (2NEW) 09 DEATHS (2NEW) (2 NEW)'

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, robert k said:

How do you know it's from covid? The CDC admits that the PCR test can't tell covid from any other kind of flu and even the common cold is a corona virus.

nm

Edited by Guy F.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, robert k said:

Here is an article that speaks about mixing and the trials that are taking place.

As the saying goes, always consider the source.  I must admit that your source is top notch.  Here is what others have said about it:

Nature (dot com) was one of the world's most cited scientific journals by the Science Edition of the 2019 Journal Citation Reports (with an ascribed impact factor of 42.778), making it one of the world's most-read and most prestigious academic journals.

I have noticed other sources you quote include the CDC site.  My point is:  We, the other members, do not always agree with your conclusions but we should give respect to the research you have done.  It ain't just rag journals you are quoting.

:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Mike J said:

Is this better?

May be an image of text that says 'PAUNIQI FA MUNICIPALITY OF MOALBOAL PARRINT ROTITON DE Moalboal Rural Health Unit OFFC SEAL 126 TOTALNUMBER OFCASES OF CASES 33 ACTIVE CASES (2 2NEW) COVID-19 BULLETIN Aso of 30, 2021 84 RECOVERIES (2NEW) 09 DEATHS (2NEW) (2 NEW)'

And thirteen new cases yesterday.   If my math is correct that is a 39 percent increase in active cases in a single day. 

May be an image of text that says 'YOINIQEQ MUNICIPALITY OF MOALBOAL NRMNEE IAEO ARATY Moalboal Rural Health Unit 139 TOTALNUMBER OF CASES 45 ACTIVE CASES (13 NEW) COVID-15 BULLETIN As ofJuly 31, 2021 85 RECOVERIES (1NEW) 09 DEATHS (0NEW)'

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/1/2021 at 8:58 AM, Mike J said:

And thirteen new cases yesterday.   If my math is correct that is a 39 percent increase in active cases in a single day. 

Often I read that because they sometimes are late in sending in their reports the numbers more so like daily can be wrong. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Often I read that because they sometimes are late in sending in their reports the numbers more so like daily can be wrong. 

Good point.  I hope that is the case.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic