My Funeral in the Philippines

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Freebie said:

When my Mom died ( after 9 years with dementia ) my sisters and I knew she had wanted to travel but was made immobile due to dementia's ravages.

She was cremated and my 3 sisters and I divided the ashes and everytime i or they go anywhere interesting we leave a small piece of her. We believe she would have loved that idea. So shes been to Great Wall of China, Sand dunes of Namibia, beaches in Thailand Cambodia and Vietnam, New York, Mexico, Vancouver , Palma Majorca, Eiffel tower, Cannes, Broome W.A. Sydney Opera house , Tokyo , Taipei , Bantayan, Moalboal, Pagudpud, Isle of Harris and a whole host of other places around the world.

Wow, awesome story.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Our burial plots already bought ! I have told my wife if i get ill enough to be taken to hospital then i wiil stay at home and in bed ! And die at home, i also told her do not get expensive medicines ! Her mother before she passed on was on a special milk at 7000 pesos a bag ! Less senior discount ! Hospitals here are all about making money ! I went to our local hospital a few years ago when i cut one of my fingers only wanted a tetunus injection, but they wanted to do blood test xray and keep me in over night ! I told the wife we are leaving ! Went to mercury drug got some cream all sorted !

Thing here also if you die now its automatically covid so its cremation 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Freebie said:

She was cremated and my 3 sisters and I divided the ashes and everytime i or they go anywhere interesting we leave a small piece of her.

So what do you say when customs ask, Anything to declare?  :tongue:

• Hmm thinking 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Old55 said:

I feel the same way Jack. My choice is ashes spread over the ocean at a place I often fished long ago. Just my opinion but a monument and expensive burial is wasteful. One thing is sure that we are only here for a short time.

I'm curious what your wife thinks of you being cremated? The reason I say is because my wife and her sister insist I should not be cremated. I guess a Catholic thing? I'm Protestant and the tradition is burial but no issues if one wishes cremation.

It seems I get the final say in just about everything but this. The boss is steadfastly against cremation. I really don't care one way or the other. If I die in the US I will be buried in a Vet Cemetery. If in the Philippines I'm sure we will have private plots. Do they make coffins for 6'3" Kanos?))

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, baronapart said:

If in the Philippines I'm sure we will have private plots. Do they make coffins for 6'3" Kanos?))

Well at times they do have problems placing coffins into the hole in the wall type cemeteries so you will have to find something suitable. Could probably break your legs to help fit. :tiphat:

philippines1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Could probably break your legs to help fit.

Not a problem! Those tikes will have so much more fun!  :dance:

bones.JPG

Jack D
Posted
Posted (edited)

I started this topic to express how I can have my limited life insurance money used to give my Filipino family a nice vacation back home in the Philippines, instead of wasting it on an overpriced funeral, but now the topic has morphed into a joke and I unfortunately added to the joke, so now it’s time to shut this topic down.

71930B2F-5B5C-46D8-B284-CEA024FF6460.jpeg

Edited by Jack D

Freebie
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So what do you say when customs ask, Anything to declare?  :tongue:

Its in a small plastic bag and none of us were ever searched.. and if asked , would happily say " Thats Mum"....we have one photo gallery site where we share  the times and places weve left a small portion of her. 108 pics on it so far.

• Old55 locked this topic