Changes in the air

RBM
Posted
Posted

Came across this, no idea who this guy is or anything about him.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Those changes are simply being discussed nothing has been decided yet. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Those changes are simply being discussed nothing has been decided yet. 

From what this person said it requires just to be passed in the Senate which he expects to happen.  As said i know nothing about him or his integrity.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, RBM said:

no idea who this guy is or anything about him.

You don't know Reekay?  I thought he was one of the most well known Philippine vloggers.  He has some very accurate opinions, but his vlogs make money so probably tainted towards shares and views = profit.

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

The house has recently passed a Bill to make massive changes to Immigration here which could have some scary consequences. It's one of 5 bills put forward as a priority for the Senate to vote on before becoming law but word on the grape vine is the largest change will be to tourist visas.  It is propossed that all tourist visas will have to be approved by the Embassy in your home country and only valid for 59 days, similar to what they introduced for the Chinese but I think in their case they were only given 30 days.  On addition to this you have to prove a means of finance.  Bank statement or proof of earnings. I've attached the copy of the Bill but not had a chance to read it in depth as I'm off to Immigration now for a 6 months extension lol. Section 5 onwards is the key points.  https://www.congress.gov.ph/legisdocs/basic_18/HB04103.pdf

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Snowy, the link is not working this is why we request members always copy and paste so others can be informed. 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I've been following him for a few years and have always found his information with regards to BI policy and changes to be accurate without any conjecture but rather, facts.  His "living in The Philippines" videos are normally pretty informative and he gives his experience and as we know, everyone's experience is different, but he's never too far off the mark when it comes to the realities.  

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Snowy, the link is not working this is why we request members always copy and paste so others can be informed. 

Sorry the PDF looks like a photocopy and not a word document. It works fine for me.  I right click it and hit open in New Tab.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was able to view the PDF using Snowy's URL link.   But the bill is date stamped August 22, 2018.  See page one below.

Edit - the bill is still alive.  See follow on post.

image.png

Edited by Mike J
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It could be me a MacBook Pro related issue.