Hospitals filling up with patients...

roddavis
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Only one fifth?  On the surface that does not sound so bad.  I thought it was more than that.

Here in Cebu, the main hospitals are full and not accepting new patients(Chong Wa, Soccor, Phys Med...), even the local hospitals in Toledo, Balamban, Austurias full.

Wife had medical emergency non-covid related. Only could get emergency support in a tent in the parking lot tent. No dedicated DR. or nurse. Needed CT scan has to go another hospital in the City because hospital here does'nt have the necessary test equipment only lab tests available. Need swab test to move to another location where covid is rampant. Its another 2 hours to Cebu City hospitals . What a joke! Long story short...wife passed on just 2 days ago! This pandemic crap throws a wrench in the medical care! Beware! :SugarwareZ-034:

• Sad 16

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)

Does anyone else feel that we are headed towards another nationwide lockdown? 

Edited by Heeb
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Does anyone else feel that we are headed towards another nation wide lockdown? 

COVID !!

Martial law by another name, Like I said right from the Start :tiphat: Trust me, Negative thought But.......................:popcorn:

• Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

COVID !!

Martial law by another name, Like I said right from the Start :tiphat: Trust me, Negative thought But.......................:popcorn:

Martial law isn't necessarily 'against the law', many constitutions have provisions for it (not sure about the Philippines).

However for it to be 'Martial law' there would have to be a declaration of martial law and that hasn't happened.

More accurately most constitutions allowed limited duration restrictions of 'rights' during an emergency and honestly, if this isn't an emergency then I don't know what is.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, GeoffH said:

Martial law isn't necessarily 'against the law', many constitutions have provisions for it (not sure about the Philippines).

However for it to be 'Martial law' there would have to be a declaration of martial law and that hasn't happened.

Ahh come of Geoff, we all know that the Man will do what he wants to make a name for Himself before he goes, Marcos did it and this guy will follow that route. Think Mindanao for one instance of I will do what I want

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, roddavis said:

wife passed on just 2 days ago

Sorry to hear that.  Condolences.  That is the kind of story I heard from other people looking for hospital care.  The story that 1/5 of hospitals are over capacity is the understatement of the year, IMHO

• Like 5

graham59
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, roddavis said:

Long story short...wife passed on just 2 days ago!

May I also offer my condolences to you and your family and friends. 

Stay strong sir. 

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Heeb said:

Does anyone else feel that we are headed towards another nationwide lockdown? 

Manila has already started. Cebu reverted back to EQC until the 15th but sure will be extended.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, roddavis said:

Here in Cebu, the main hospitals are full and not accepting new patients(Chong Wa, Soccor, Phys Med...), even the local hospitals in Toledo, Balamban, Austurias full. Long story short...wife passed on just 2 days ago! This pandemic crap throws a wrench in the medical care! Beware! :SugarwareZ-034:

Rod, so sorry. Condolences. :sad:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The problem is not so much not enough beds but rather no nurses or doctors to take care of patients. Where are they going to get them from? Now offering higher salary but only so many available. Some gone back overseas, others resign because of workload.

Need to train up nurses aids/caregivers quickly to help out. Possibly ask for help from abroad to take the heat off for awhile.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic