That's some Machiavellian self-sabotage :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, scott h said:

:hystery: Long story but I wonder if others can relate

We live 5 minutes from a SM vaccination site. We went there, stood in line for 10 minutes, got forms filled them out, got senior front of the line privilige, got the Jab and we were back in the car in about an hour. 

Second Jab, lots and lots of people, waved my card, said 2nd dose, pointed to go straight up stairs. Said to the clerks "Seniors?" pointed to the front of the line,,got Jabbed, back in the car and having breakfast at Denny's in under an hour.

Now the Wife wanted to wait because she had a cough. When she felt better we were ready to go.

BUT

Her batchmates Brother in Law works for a barangay 20 minutes away. SO? You ask? 

So instead of just going to our nearby site, we jump in the car, drive 20 minutes to her batchmates house, fill out (forge is a better word) a Barangay residence ID card. Get in the car, drive to a shop to get the ID copied and laminated, hop back in the car, drive to a nearby subdivision to order pizza from a high end restaurant. Return to the batchmates house to have pizza for lunch. (we all know that any favor is never free, you absolutely MUST buy lunch lol). Get in the car, drive to the site, (with the batchmate) find the BIL, get the Jab (in and out in 30 minutes) , drive back and drop off the batch, return home.

So, my Jab? Free, done it 1 hour.

Wifes Jab? 4 hours and 2,000 pesos. But hers must have been better because she got it "using" connections.

confused.jpg

We know it's all about the idea that being able to do what your wife did somehow elevates her to a higher status compared to us plebs.

My wife overheard our neighbour's helper tell another neighbour how her boss was able to procure vaccinations online (whatever that means) and paid 40k for the privilege.  Regardless of the rights and wrongs, it's just the stupidity of telling all and sundry of their illegal doings - all to, IMO, to show how rich and important her boss is.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)

Speaking of buy one take one. I buy the six pack 100% Dole pineapple juice wrapped in plastic all the time. One day I see a sign buy one take one. Off I go to the checkout counter and get charged double. “Sir the free is already with the package”

So the sign should say buy five take one I say, I gave up trying to explain because I knew I couldn’t win with logic.

Edited by Heeb
  • Haha 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Other than price you also need to check the expiration dates.