Jump to content

WARNING about Shipping to the US via LBC Express....


hollyportand

Recommended Posts

 

We needed to send NVC a corrected DS-230 for my wife as her address history only went back to when she was 17.

We used LBC as she was going to be busy with SLMEC Monday and DHL is closed on the weekends (in Tarlac).

Just so you understand how LBC Express sips to the US:

They accept your package locally in the Ph and transport it to Manila.

In Manila they re-ship you package via UPS.

The only tracking number you will ever get form them is the LBC number, they aren't even intelligent enough to keep internal records that allow the employees to look-up the UPS tracking number for a package.

To get your UPS Tracking info you will have to call UPS (800) 782-7892 and speak to an agent. Give them the LBC Tracking number and tell them it's the "Reference Number" for the shipment.

All of this I don't have a problem with.

Here's the problem I have with LBC Express:

They believe they can (and should) change the Shipping Address as the person shipping obviously isn't smart enough to know where they actually want the package to arrive.

In our case, the NVC Barcoded Cover Sheet was quite specific that we shoudl ship the updated documents to:

National VISA Center

Attn. DR

31 Rochester Ave

Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

Where did LBS decide to ship it:

National VISA Center

32 Rochester Ave

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2901

The receipt my wife has lists the correct destination but the UPS shipment doesn't.

I would hope that because of the Barcoded Cover Sheet the documents will get to the right place but still this is a company that I will never deal with again.

  • Sad 5
  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best of luck. I don't remember the entire process but you should be able to verify if/when the USG receives the documents. My wife and I live very close to Portsmouth and some of her paper work went through that office. It did take a month or so before the NVC showed the records in their system. BTW that was over 10 years ago

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support

Welcome to the forum HollyPortland. :tiphat:

Feel free to ask questions or add your story this is a friendly group here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, hollyportand said:

 

Here's the problem I have with LBC Express:

They believe they can (and should) change the Shipping Address as the person shipping obviously isn't smart enough to know where they actually want the package to arrive.

 

Same thing happened to me last year. My wife was sending me documents for her social security from Camarines norte and used LBC in Daet which is a three hour drive. They sent it to an address that doesn’t exist. 

In my case oddly enough it wasn’t UPS they used but rather DHL.  I thought my wife had screwed up but she sent me a photo of the receipt and it was correct. She drove back to Daet and they said “nothing they can do” so I had her send a new one.

Even from the province everything goes by courier up to Manila first.

Edited by Heeb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hollyportand said:

 

We needed to send NVC a corrected DS-230 for my wife as her address history only went back to when she was 17.

We used LBC as she was going to be busy with SLMEC Monday and DHL is closed on the weekends (in Tarlac).

Just so you understand how LBC Express sips to the US:

They accept your package locally in the Ph and transport it to Manila.

In Manila they re-ship you package via UPS.

The only tracking number you will ever get form them is the LBC number, they aren't even intelligent enough to keep internal records that allow the employees to look-up the UPS tracking number for a package.

To get your UPS Tracking info you will have to call UPS (800) 782-7892 and speak to an agent. Give them the LBC Tracking number and tell them it's the "Reference Number" for the shipment.

All of this I don't have a problem with.

Here's the problem I have with LBC Express:

They believe they can (and should) change the Shipping Address as the person shipping obviously isn't smart enough to know where they actually want the package to arrive.

In our case, the NVC Barcoded Cover Sheet was quite specific that we shoudl ship the updated documents to:

National VISA Center

Attn. DR

31 Rochester Ave

Suite 100

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

Where did LBS decide to ship it:

National VISA Center

32 Rochester Ave

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2901

The receipt my wife has lists the correct destination but the UPS shipment doesn't.

I would hope that because of the Barcoded Cover Sheet the documents will get to the right place but still this is a company that I will never deal with again.

I think I can understand what may have happened as we faced the same issue when sending my passport to the UK.  The problem was the LBC system had already logged the address, or a very similar one, so the staff simply selected that address by default.  I pointed out this to the staff at the time and asked him to amend to the exact address I had written down rather than the default one.  He did so (took 2 attempts though) and all was good.  Moral of the story - check and double check the address on the LBC slip on the spot.  

I'm sure your package will arrive as the discrepancy is minimal.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We Never use LBC for sending anything anywhere!

In the past we tried sending various things to the UK via LBC inc Passport renewals which they would not accept !  And birthday gifts to the wifes friend again they would not accept ! But DHL no problem !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

We Never use LBC for sending anything anywhere!

In the past we tried sending various things to the UK via LBC inc Passport renewals which they would not accept !  And birthday gifts to the wifes friend again they would not accept ! But DHL no problem !

I haven't had that problem, they accepted my passport documents with no issue.  Arrived within about 6 days despite it being in the midst of the pandemic.  Pricey though - around 2,500php.

What reason did they give - the UK is clearly listed as a destination they send to?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, expatuk2014 said:

We Never use LBC for sending anything anywhere!

 I always use JRS, UK about 6/7 days Cost can be around 2.800 always been happy:tiphat:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

According to my wife, LBC and JRS aren't even accepting shipments other than an envelope to the US down here. They told her it was due to a Customs clampdown. (?)

Edited by JDDavao
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...