Can ivermectin treat covid-19

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Think of it like holding your breath underwater. Some can last 20 seconds, some a few minutes but no one will last ten minutes.

A bit off topic, well maybe quite a bit, but I met a free diver in Moalboal who can hold his breath underwater for 17 minutes and can free dive to 130 meters.   Amazing guy and really interesting to hear him talk about freediving and how you go about extending the length of time underwater.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 8/28/2021 at 12:12 PM, Mike J said:

Better physical shape than probably 90% of men even though he is in his mid 60s.

I'm curious, how or where did you get this statistic?  I was reading some articles about him.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I met a free diver in Moalboal who can hold his breath underwater for 17 minutes and can free dive to 130 meters.

Well that made me reach for the Guiness Records.  WOW . . 

Most of us have seen how long we can hold our breath underwater - but Budimir Šobat (Croatia) had proven he's unrivalled at the skill. 

On 27 March 2021, he broke the record for the longest time breath held voluntarily (male) with a staggering time of 24 minutes 37.36 seconds.

So when Snowy said "NO ONE will last 10 minutes" he was way off base.  Makes me wonder if we are wrong about ivermectin treating covid as well.  (There we go.  Back on topic.)

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I met a free diver in Moalboal who can hold his breath underwater for 17 minutes

Must be related to a girlfriend I had, she could talk for half an hour without taking a breath, I kid you not. :whistling:

• Haha 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So when Snowy said "NO ONE will last 10 minutes" he was way off base.  Makes me wonder if we are wrong about ivermectin treating covid as well.  (There we go.  Back on topic.)

I suspect he was talking about the average person!  Back off topic!  Great movie!  The Big Blue.  1988.  I have the DVD tucked away somewhere.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Mike J said:

A bit off topic, well maybe quite a bit, but I met a free diver in Moalboal who can hold his breath underwater for 17 minutes and can free dive to 130 meters.   Amazing guy and really interesting to hear him talk about freediving and how you go about extending the length of time underwater.

I have been teaching my kids to swim and we take turns holding our breath under water while the others count.  My kids are not fully swimming yet but they can hold their breath for over 30 seconds, which I think is an important skill to practice and learn.  In fact, they swim best underwater, and my 5 year old opens her eyes without goggles.  My 7 year old prefers goggles and a nose clip.

I was surprised, I consider myself out of shape aerobically, but I can still hold my breath for a count of 100.  I think I could do over 3 minutes in my prime years.

Now, back to your regular scheduled programming.....

• Like 2

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

I have been teaching my kids to swim and we take turns holding our breath under water while the others count.  My kids are not fully swimming yet but they can hold their breath for over 30 seconds, which I think is an important skill to practice and learn.  In fact, they swim best underwater, and my 5 year old opens her eyes without goggles.  My 7 year old prefers goggles and a nose clip.

I was surprised, I consider myself out of shape aerobically, but I can still hold my breath for a count of 100.  I think I could do over 3 minutes in my prime years.

Now, back to your regular scheduled programming.....

I can easily hold my breath underwater for more than 2 minutes...but I have to mentally shut down and relax. In a real-life danger or panic situation, where a lot of physical effort is required to wriggle out of something, fight a current or simply stay afloat, I doubt anybody could stay underwater for more than a minute...

Edited by Gandang Smile
  • Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm curious, how or where did you get this statistic?  I was reading some articles about him.

Here is one article, there are others.  It also has recent pictures and you can see that he is in remarkable physical shape.

https://www.skysports.com/golf/news/12176/12174032/greg-norman-australian-golfing-great-readmitted-to-hospital-awaiting-coronavirus-test-results

Two-time Champion Golfer of the Year Greg Norman said on Thursday that he was suffering from coronavirus symptoms; Norman played alongside his son Greg Jr. in last week's PNC Championship in Florida alongside Tiger Woods and Justin Thomas
By PA Sport
Last Updated: 05/01/21 11:38am

Greg Norman is a two-time major champion
Greg Norman is a two-time major champion
Former world number one golfer Greg Norman is back in hospital as he continues his recovery from a suspected bout of coronavirus.

The 65-year-old spent Christmas Day in hospital, having self-isolated on his return to Australia after competing in Orlando's PNC Championship.

Recommended
5/5
Tiger Woods top of the list of 'thousands' of messages received by Tony Finau this week
Rory McIlroy hurled three-wood towards New Jersey Turnpike at Liberty National
BMW Championship: Latest scores
Tiger Woods top of the list of 'thousands' of messages received by Tony Finau this week
Rory McIlroy hurled three-wood towards New Jersey Turnpike at Liberty National
Tiger Woods top of the list of 'thousands' of messages
received by Tony Finau this week

The two-time Open champion was initially released from hospital to continue self-isolating at home, while awaiting the results of his Covid-19 tests, but has since been readmitted.

"I hope this will be my final update on this COVID saga... back in hospital after getting a positive result," Norman said.

"The path to full recovery. Hoping to be out later today."

Norman revealed that, despite being in relatively good health and having a high pain tolerance, the "hideous" virus was "like nothing I have ever experienced before."

"Muscle and joint pain on another level. Headaches that feel like a chisel going through your head scraping little bits off each time, fever, muscles that just did not want to work," Norman added.

"Then my taste failed, where beer tastes bad and wine the same... at times struggling with memory of names and things."

Norman played with his son Greg Jr. at last week's PNC Championship in Florida
Norman played with his son Greg Jr. at last week's PNC Championship in Florida
Nicknamed 'The Great White Shark', Norman won the Open Championship in 1986 and 1993, spending more than 300 weeks at the top of golf's world rankings.

The Australian was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2001.

"Again thank you all for your concerns love and support and please be safe, stay healthy and be smart," Norman said.

"And let's put this 2020 in our rear-view mirrors and look to 2021 and beyond where we can get back to life in whatever the new normal will be. God bless you all."

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Here is one article, there are others.  It also has recent pictures and you can see that he is in remarkable physical shape.

I saw the articles.  I just meant the quoted part here:

Better physical shape than probably 90% of men even though he is in his mid 60s.

I thought maybe that was from an article but I guess it was your general observation.  No worries.  It would probably be more accurate to say he is in better shape than 90% of men his age or something like that.  He is in great shape.  I didn't know the Covid story.

I used to be a big fan and his heyday was when I was golfing a lot, 80s and 90s.  However, lately, I'm pissed off at him.  I bought a pair of shorts from him around 15 years ago.  They are still in great shape but the zipper broke.  He doesn't return my calls.

240425529_803596126990789_8286725197659271755_n.jpg  238502578_590563212300034_7579720868981903928_n.jpg

:hystery::hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I saw the articles.  I just meant the quoted part here:

I thought maybe that was from an article but I guess it was your general observation.  No worries.  It would probably be more accurate to say he is in better shape than 90% of men his age or something like that.  He is in great shape.  I didn't know the Covid story.

I used to be a big fan and his heyday was when I was golfing a lot, 80s and 90s.  However, lately, I'm pissed off at him.  I bought a pair of shorts from him around 15 years ago.  They are still in great shape but the zipper broke.  He doesn't return my calls.

240425529_803596126990789_8286725197659271755_n.jpg  238502578_590563212300034_7579720868981903928_n.jpg

:hystery::hystery:

The 90 percent is just my WAG (wild ass guess) opinion.   No shorts, but I have a set of his clubs.  So why can't I play like him????  Same story, no return of calls.  :hystery:  In all seriousness, he was GREAT for the game of golf.  Loved watching him, such a great player and a gentlemen.  Prior to Tiger, he was THE GUY to watch.  Just my opinion as a crappy golfer of course. 

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic