How's the Vog in your area?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The Vog has been very bad here, starting 2 days ago.  On Windy.com, they have a SO2 (Sulfur Dioxide) layer.

Screenshot (381).png

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thick forest fire smoke here. Burning eyes stuffy nose and a little chest congestion. Thankfully no sulfur dioxide like you all.

• Sad 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Fingers crossed I've had nothing but great fresh air on Boracay. Perks of zero volcanoes near by or factories.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I'm looking out at a beautiful sunny day with clear air and blue skies. No doubt this will change as soon as I decide to go outside and do something useful. 

irked.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Having lived in Beijing previously for 5 years , this minor VOG  haze thats currently around is small fry.

Used to regularly look at the US Embassy pollution index ( on the basis that the figures provided by chinese govt were way below the actual PM 2.5 scores... and sometimes , the figures went as high as 950 ... the WHO deemed anything over 750 to be deadly.....!

And the advice given by the chinese govt to deal with such massive pollution " stah home and drink tea ".

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Freebie said:

sometimes , the figures went as high as 950 ... the WHO deemed anything over 750 to be deadly.....!

Yes, that wouldn't be nice on a regular basis.  During the bad bushfires in Australia (Victoria and New South Wales) the area where I lived was subject for weeks to between 500 and 1500 (depending upon the wind direction), it was... horrible.  I was lucky enough to have a large packet of left over particulate masks from when I was working because those sold out in no time at all.  Some towns closer to the fires were over 2000, I can't even imagine what it was like trying to breathe in that.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted
Posted

No vog in Davao. Quite lovely outside and the rambutan and durian will soon be dropping. Some lucky person could buy our house and have some drop right in their yard (broadly hinting). :2245_safe:

• Like 1