13A probationary to perm question.

Shol
Posted
Posted

Hi there.  Will need to schedule my conversion to permanent soon. 

My question is once it's permanent I get that you need to do your annual report first few months of the year.

What happens if I am out of the country for a while and am not able to make it back for that?  Can you just show up there I think I read 30 days after landing?

Also is there a time limit for this?   Like what if I have to go away for a a year or so for medical reasons or to look after a sick relative. (This might be the case)

Thanks just looking for some updated info.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I asked about this and was advised that I would simply need to report when I was able and pay the late  payment fee (250php per month plus 500php express fee) and I'd be good to go.  This was 4 or 5 years ago and things may have changed and may also depend on local interpretation.  

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Shol said:

How far in advance (of probationary expiry date) were you thinking of applying for permanent ?

I am moving towards the same process. 

Shol
Posted
Posted

@Mike J : I understand all about having to do the annual report.  My question was about what to do if I can't because of the fact that I am in my home country taking care of some stuff.    I am going to call and see what the latest is I suppose.

@graham59: I am going to call in and see what they say here in Manila.  Want to get it out of the way as soon as possible.  Will ya know in the next few days on anything i find out.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Many thanks sir. :smile:

• Like 1

TyrionLannister
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Shol said:

My question is once it's permanent I get that you need to do your annual report first few months of the year.

What happens if I am out of the country for a while and am not able to make it back for that?  Can you just show up there I think I read 30 days after landing?

Also is there a time limit for this?   Like what if I have to go away for a a year or so for medical reasons or to look after a sick relative. (This might be the case)

Thanks just looking for some updated info.

I had this happen twice (2014 and 2018) and both times my local guy went to BI Intramuros paid my late fees and everything was fine.  Of course, that doesn't mean that the process is still the same.  Having a local help me may or may not make a difference so YMMV.

• Like 1

Shol
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, TyrionLannister said:

I had this happen twice (2014 and 2018) and both times my local guy went to BI Intramuros paid my late fees and everything was fine.  Of course, that doesn't mean that the process is still the same.  Having a local help me may or may not make a difference so YMMV.

Thanks will figure it out.  Just you know, sometimes, you have to take care of stuff and I might be in that position so you figure that if you have to be somewhere it will be OK.  If would be a major issue I can just downgrade to a tourist visa I suppose.

Thanks for your input.

• Like 2

TyrionLannister
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shol said:

Thanks will figure it out.  Just you know, sometimes, you have to take care of stuff and I might be in that position so you figure that if you have to be somewhere it will be OK.  If would be a major issue I can just downgrade to a tourist visa I suppose.

Thanks for your input.

I completely agree; for me it was inconvenient to come to Manila because I was working on the other side of the world and we wanted to use my vacation time to go to Europe.

Best of luck!

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Shol said:

@Mike J : I understand all about having to do the annual report.  My question was about what to do if I can't because of the fact that I am in my home country taking care of some stuff. 

That is why I posted that you can have someone do it for you if you are a senior using a limited power of attorney.  There is a 200 peso per month penalty for each month you file late.  

• Thanks 1