Discrimination or new normal?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

Not my fault if, as it seems, only a couple of members are happy to engage in the debate, the others just dismissing me as an idiotic "no-vaxx" with no right to discuss.

Yes, it is your fault.  It is your fault in the same way it would be MY fault if I went to a Covid 19 discussion forum and tried to discuss expat life in the Philippines.  Wrong forum.

That does not mean the Covid situation does not touch the lives of expats living in the Philippines.  It means that is not the primary focus of this group and does not require your every post to touch on it. Capisci?

• Thanks 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes, it is your fault.  It is your fault in the same way it would be MY fault if I went to a Covid 19 discussion forum and tried to discuss expat life in the Philippines.  Wrong forum.

That does not mean the Covid situation does not touch the lives of expats living in the Philippines.  It means that is not the primary focus of this group and does not require your every post to touch on it. Capisci?

Dave, sorry, you are mixed up here.  This is a Covid discussion forum.  This is an Expat forum with a Sub-Forum called "Coronavirus.  Your Say And Questions".

GS can have his say and he has contributed on many other subjects.  If you guys don't like what he saying, stop following this topic or block him.

Social media is showing us that the best way to win an argument, or an election, is censorship.  If you want to go down that road.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mike J said:

There is a reason for that.

Quotes about Defind (9 quotes)

Mike, I just reported your post.  A moderator, of all people, should not be calling other members stupid because of a difference of opinion.

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, hk blues said:

Debate is great, but when it's the same old points being made in the same old way it gets wearing and pointless.

No one is going to have their mind changed as a result of this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted

Even if this thread is on-topic in a subsection about Covid-19, I think most people are getting tired of the endless debate Especially if it's clear that everybody but me agrees that vaccines save lives, booster jabs every 6 months will save more lives and endless, strict lockdowns are the only way of handling things.

For one last time: my POV is not no-vaxx per se. I believe that, for healthy people, vaccines are next to useless but I respect those who make the choice of getting the jab(s), now and in the future.

What I am absolutely against is the repeated economic and social devastation brought about by the various lockdowns, travel bans, distance learning. Just read about the Melbourne protests turning violent. The ones in France are vigorous and rarely violent.

What's interesting to see is that, judging from the signage shown and slogans chanted, the vast majority of these protesters are not against the vaccination per se, but the authoritarian agendas that have been enforced by the various government. Green Pass is one, compulsory vaccination for children and professional, another. And so on...

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gandang Smile said:

Especially if it's clear that everybody but me agrees that vaccines save lives, booster jabs every 6 months will save more lives and endless, strict lockdowns are the only way of handling things...

I haven't got that from this thread at all - I for one am not of that opinion at all and have never said anything to that effect.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

Even if this thread is on-topic in a subsection about Covid-19, I think most people are getting tired of the endless debate

Well its not on topic at all. It got thrown off topic in post #4 and came a debate about the effectiveness or not of vaccines. So yes this topic has ran its course and if other all go down this same road I will remove posts.

Remember this topic was and is named "Discrimination or new normal?", not if vaccine's work or anything else.

CLOSED

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic