Discrimination or new normal?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

Just realised...you took my quoted sentence out of context. I obviously meant Covid vaccines are the biggest large-scale commercial scam in the history of humanity.

Actually I think it more appropriate to say that YOU did NOT put it proper context.  In fact your arguments sounded just like the rants of those who are anti any vaccine.  As far as proof of saving lives, look at those now in filling up the ICU beds in hospitals.  Read it for yourself - this is from the New York Time, just one of many articles and studies.

<snip> Serious coronavirus infections among vaccinated people have been relatively rare since the start of the vaccination campaign, a New York Times analysis of data from 40 states and Washington, D.C., shows. Fully vaccinated people have made up as few as 0.1 percent of and as many as 5 percent of those hospitalized with the virus in those states, and as few as 0.2 percent and as many as 6 percent of those who have died. <end snip>

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

But you're too far down the rabbit hole for me to bother debating you so congratulations, you're now the first person I've ever put on ignore

That's okay Geoff, I took a shot for you.  Probably won't do any good but I am retired and have some time on my hands. :tongue:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

But you're too far down the rabbit hole for me to bother debating you so congratulations, you're now the first person I've ever put on ignore 

Ditto. 

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Mike J said:

That's okay Geoff, I took a shot for you.  Probably won't do any good but I am retired and have some time on my hands. :tongue:

Appreciated :hystery:

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

It's apparently med school 101 to know that, as vaccinations cover more of the general population, the risk of mutations is much higher. All such mutations tend to be more virulent (aggressive) but less lethal, which means individuals with no or mild symptoms will easily develop immunity and pave the way for the virus' disappearance. Just as it's always been in history.

Erm.... WHAT?!

As more people are vaccinated there are fewer people to function as petri dishes for the virus to reproduce and mutate in. More vaccinated people -> fewer mutations.

• Like 3

KC813
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Anyway a few years ago I met a guy here who told me that Queen Elizabeth and Obama and many others are Reptilians and one day we will see them turn back into lizards.

Wasn't that the story line of a Doctor Who episode?  If your friend has one of these blue boxes in his house,image.jpeg maybe we are being too skeptical!  :biggrin:

• Haha 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, KC813 said:

Wasn't that the story line of a Doctor Who episode?  If your friend has one of these blue boxes in his house,image.jpeg maybe we are being too skeptical!  :biggrin:

Speaking of lizard people, doctors, and covid.  Anyone else read this story awhile back.

https://news.yahoo.com/aliens-reptilians-us-viral-video-doctors-odd-beliefs-205417662.html

Washington (AFP) - A Houston physician who praised hydroxychloroquine as a miracle coronavirus cure in a viral video retweeted by President Donald President blames gynecological problems on sex with evil spirits and believes the US government is run by "reptilians."

Stella Immanuel's viral speech has drawn attention to a little-known group calling themselves "America's Frontline Doctors" who appear to exist to promote the common antimalarial drug in the fight against COVID-19.

"Nobody needs to get sick. This virus has a cure -- it is called hydroxychloroquine," Immanuel exclaimed Monday as she stood on the steps of the Supreme Court in Washington at a so-called "White Coat Summit" of likeminded physicians.

Early on in the pandemic, scientists were eager to find out whether hydroxychloroquine's antiviral properties would make it effective in real-world patients with SARS-CoV-2.

So far though, all the major clinical trials that have reported their findings on this question have found no benefit, and leading national health authorities have moved to restrict its use because of potential cardiac harm.

Nonetheless the family doctor said all 350 patients she had treated with the medicine -- including those with serious pre-existing conditions -- had survived, and that hydroxychloroquine was so potent it made mask-wearing and lockdowns unnecessary.

The clip was shared by President and described as a "must watch" by his son Donald President Jr, but has since been deleted by Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for promoting misinformation.

Asked later by a reporter about his retweet, the president said: "I thought her voice was an important voice, but I know nothing about her."

The debate over hydroxychloroquine has become supercharged politically with leaders like President and some fellow US conservatives cheerleading heavily in its favor.

And the curious case of Immanuel and colleagues -- first reported in depth by The Daily Beast -- underscores just how far the drug's advocates are willing to go.

- Right-wing political group -

The website for "America's Frontline Doctors" was registered just 11 days ago, a web domain age checker revealed -- and the site was taken down by Tuesday afternoon.

"Tea Party Patriots," a right-wing political group backed by wealthy Republicans, said on its website it was responsible for organizing the Washington summit.

Further research on Immanuel's web page, now accessible only via an archived website viewer, as well as her YouTube account, reveal a long list of bizarre and unscientific beliefs.

These include that "tormenting spirits" routinely have "astral sex" with women, which in turn causes "gynecological problems, marital distress, miscarriages" and more.

In a 2015 video, Immanuel, who leads a religious group called Fire Power Ministries, said: "There are people ruling this nation that are not even human," describing them as "reptilian spirits" who are "half human, half ET."

In the same video she rails against the use of "alien DNA" to treat sick people, which she said had resulted in human beings mixing with demons.

Other targets of her anger include gay marriage, which she said would result in adults marrying children.

Immanuel was born in 1965, received her medical degree at the University of Calabar in Nigeria, and has a valid physician's license, according to the website of the Texas Medical Board.

After Facebook took down the clip, Immanuel warned that the company's servers would start crashing until it was restored.

"If my page is not back up face book will be down in Jesus name," she tweeted.

• Thanks 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)

My best man at my first wedding and high school best friend is an assistant vice president for actuarial services at one of the world's largest financial firms. He fell in with a group that believes that the election was fake and the real President (he who shall not be mentioned) was actually still running the country from a secret military base. This was right after the election. Some of his school mates were pleading with him to come back to reality. When I mentioned I was getting the vaccine in March he pleaded with me not to get the vaccine as it was destroying women's menstrual cycles. Even if true I really don't know what that had to do with me))) All this was coming from one of the most rational people I have ever known. Sad and a little bit scary.

Edited by baronapart
  • Sad 4

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic