Discrimination or new normal?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Regarding discrimination... Should this forum continue to refer to Mr. DJT as President or Former President in the automatic edit? Is there a bias here?:morning1:

baronapart
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Regarding discrimination... Should this forum continue to refer to Mr. DJT as President or Former President in the automatic edit? Is there a bias here?:morning1:

I tried to type it and it kept changing to President President. Thought I was losing my mind for a second)))

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Just a reminder to forum members; "Topics not related to the Philippines can be discussed here except for religion and politics. These topics cause problems. Sex subjects are also not allowed here."

That being said - Here is what the Emily Post web site says about how to address current versus prior presidents.   

When addressing a former President of the United States in a formal setting, the correct form is “Mr. LastName.” (“President LastName” or “Mr. President” are terms reserved for the current head of state.) This is true for other ex-officials, as well. When talking about the person to a third party, on the other hand, it’s appropriate to say, “former President LastName.” This holds for introductions, as well: A current state governor is introduced as “Governor Tom Smith,” while you’d introduce an ex-governor as “former Governor Jim Bell.”

• Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Governor Tom Smith,

When did Tommy become Governor? :89:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Mike J said:

That being said - Here is what the Emily Post web site says about how to address current versus prior presidents.   

When addressing a former President of the United States in a formal setting, the correct form is “Mr. LastName.” (“President LastName” or “Mr. President” are terms reserved for the current head of state.) This is true for other ex-officials, as well. When talking about the person to a third party, on the other hand, it’s appropriate to say, “former President LastName.” This holds for introductions, as well: A current state governor is introduced as “Governor Tom Smith,” while you’d introduce an ex-governor as “former Governor Jim Bell.”

Thanks for the reminder and info, Mike. However I don't think you quite answered my question...or maybe I need another cuppa Jo to finish waking up?

Does this mean the forum automatic edit should now refer to "Former Pres....etc.?"

Just curious.

Don't worry, Clermont... I have already been recalled!:hystery:

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

'Formerly known as...' ? :89:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks for the reminder and info, Mike. However I don't think you quite answered my question...or maybe I need another cuppa Jo to finish waking up?

Does this mean the forum automatic edit should now refer to "Former Pres....etc.?"

Just curious.

Don't worry, Clermont... I have already been recalled!:hystery:

Yes Governor Tom. The forum's AI automatic super computer editor changes "That" name into an innocent non offensive term so we can all peaceably go on with our busy lives. :wave:

• Haha 1

Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

We are still friends so I dont hold his weird ideas against him so there is some hope that one day we can be friends too. I just ignore his strange ways and tune out ...

To each his own but there are far too many reasonably sane and stable people in the world for me to put up with endless bullshit for a handful of paranoid delusionals.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Yes Governor Tom. The forum's AI automatic super computer editor changes "That" name into an innocent non offensive term so we can all peaceably go on with our busy lives. :wave:

Good! I know I will now sleep better tonight knowing that... especially after a few shots of Tanduay!:Count_Sheep:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gandang Smile
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, GeoffH said:

There is plenty of proof from multiple medical groups and government authorities.

But you're too far down the rabbit hole for me to bother debating you so congratulations, you're now the first person I've ever put on ignore :hystery:

If this is the way you see a debate, by quoting "multiple medical groups and government authorities" and slamming the ignore button, I am happy I am not having one with you.

Good luck.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic