Jump to content

Discrimination or new normal?


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What I am tired of is the same debate as you call it introduced into almost every Covid related topic throwing it off course and in the same direction. If you want to start a topic and focus on the "debate" rather than what this topic or any are about do so but dont hijack every topic with the same input. 

Throwing in a discordant opinion is actually part of what a debate is all about.

Not my fault if, as it seems, I am the only member here who thinks the Covid vaccines are useless.

Not my fault if, as it seems, only a couple of members are happy to engage in the debate, the others just dismissing me as an idiotic "no-vaxx" with no right to discuss.

Edited by Gandang Smile
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Gandang Smile said:

Throwing in a discordant opinion is actually part of what a debate is all about.

Not my fault if, as it seems, I am the only member here who thinks the Covid vaccines are useless.

Not my fault if, as it seems, only a couple of members are happy to engage in the debate, the others just dismissing me as an idiotic "no-vaxx" with no right to discuss.

Debate is great, but when it's the same old points being made in the same old way it gets wearing and pointless.

Edited by hk blues
  • Love it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Debate is great, but when it's the same old points being made in the same old way it gets wearing and pointless.

Fair enough. That's why I try to post relevant articles whenever I find them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
1 hour ago, Gandang Smile said:

Not my fault if, as it seems, I am the only member here who thinks the Covid vaccines are useless.

There is a reason for that.

Quotes about Defind (9 quotes)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mike J said:

There is a reason for that.

Quotes about Defind (9 quotes)

There is also a reason why the majority is happy to blindly comply, backed by "science" and "democracy". We have seen how that usually goes...

And by the way, all I have been saying so far is that I respect everybody's choice to get the jab or not get it.

If you think you can use cheap sarcasm like the above, to imply that I am a stupid just because I have a different opinion, it reflects poorly on your way of thinking and debating, not mine.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

Throwing in a discordant opinion is actually part of what a debate is all about.

Not my fault if, as it seems, I am the only member here who thinks the Covid vaccines are useless.

Not my fault if, as it seems, only a couple of members are happy to engage in the debate, the others just dismissing me as an idiotic "no-vaxx" with no right to discuss.

The best way to prove you are correct is to put up links to peer reviewed studies showing that percentage wise more vaccinated people are dying of covid or having long term covid than those not vaccinated.  I was wary of vaccines from day one but regardless how many times I looked for negative vaccination reports the science always proved me wrong.  The opposite couldn't be said for non vaccinated.

Even when good friends have sent me links showing over 80 people vaccinated died from Covid in one area the science showed me over 30k non vaccinated had caught covid compared to a few hundred vaccinated and more non vaccinated had died and those vaccinated that had died the vast majority were over 70yrs old and with underlying illnesses.  

Semi back on track to discrimination I'm afraid in the Philippines regardless what the law says if you aren't vaccinated you will suffer one way or another. My partner just applied for a job at a major resort employing about 500 people and was told forget it unless double vaccinated. All other resorts on the island although not publishing it through word of mouth are pretty much doing the same.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

Not my fault if, as it seems, I am the only member here who thinks the Covid vaccines are useless.

Not my fault if, as it seems, only a couple of members are happy to engage in the debate, the others just dismissing me as an idiotic "no-vaxx" with no right to discuss.

Hahaha... getting comical now. :hystery:

'It's not me...it's everybody else !'  

 

 

ReadIt.gif

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Hahaha... getting comical now. :hystery:

'It's not me...it's everybody else !'  

Funny indeed.."doc"...funny indeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

The best way to prove you are correct is to put up links to peer reviewed studies showing that percentage wise more vaccinated people are dying of covid or having long term covid than those not vaccinated.  I was wary of vaccines from day one but regardless how many times I looked for negative vaccination reports the science always proved me wrong.  The opposite couldn't be said for non vaccinated.

Even when good friends have sent me links showing over 80 people vaccinated died from Covid in one area the science showed me over 30k non vaccinated had caught covid compared to a few hundred vaccinated and more non vaccinated had died and those vaccinated that had died the vast majority were over 70yrs old and with underlying illnesses.  

Semi back on track to discrimination I'm afraid in the Philippines regardless what the law says if you aren't vaccinated you will suffer one way or another. My partner just applied for a job at a major resort employing about 500 people and was told forget it unless double vaccinated. All other resorts on the island although not publishing it through word of mouth are pretty much doing the same.

The proof of the pudding is not to count the number of people who died, with or without the vaccine. That will always give you an abysmally small sample of individual, mostly in their late 70s with underlying illnesses.

In fact, truth be told, quite a few of those who died soon after getting the jab tended to be young and perfectly healthy, and that is in itself an issue "science" and "government" are ill-at-ease with. 

The proof of the pudding is to count those who got the Covid and survived, perhaps after a prognosis similar to that of a bad flu, without or without vaccination. Most of the people who tested positive with Covid, with or without vaccination, have had either no symptoms or mild symptoms. This is a huge number compared to the dead. Yet, conveniently, it's not shown prominently because, put simply, it would show no proof that vaccinated people have an edge over unvaccinated people.

About Filipinos being refused jobs that involve contact with people, that's more or less what I mean about people's need to comply: whether you believe or not in the efficacy of the vaccine, you need a job to survive.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Manager
6 hours ago, Gandang Smile said:

it's not shown prominently because, put simply, it would show no proof that vaccinated people have an edge over unvaccinated people.

Spoiler

CEBU CITY – Most of the patients who died of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in private hospitals in Cebu are not vaccinated, a Department of Health (DOH)-Central Visayas official said on Friday.

DOH-7 chief pathologist Dr. Mary Jean Loreche reported that 84 percent or 210 of the 249 persons who died while confined in private hospitals in Cebu have not received any brand of Covid-19 vaccine.

The data, she said, covered the first 18 days of August when a surge in coronavirus cases became imminent and both private and public hospitals were overwhelmed with patients suffering from severe to critical symptoms of Covid-19.

“Sa mga kababayan who did not make it, you will see, ang pinakamarami talaga na nawala sa atin ngayon ay yung mga walang bakuna (To our countrymen who did not make it, you will see, most of those who recently died are those unvaccinated),” Loreche said during a briefer at the Visayas Vaccination Operations Center (VVOC).

Out of the 249 deaths, 25 of them, or 10 percent were fully vaccinated, while 14 or six percent received only their first dose.

She said the data on the ground speaks for itself that it is very important for everyone in the eligible population nowadays to get vaccinated.

“By coming up with scientific data, statistical data, from the ground, we will be able to convince our fellow citizens to get vaccinated. it gives us that protection somehow that if we do get Covid-19, we will not end up in the severe form of illness,” said Loreche, also the VVOC spokesperson.

As of Aug. 18, DOH-7 records showed that the Central Visayas region has received a total of 2,432,990 doses of vaccines distributed in 278 inoculation sites in the provinces of Cebu, Bohol, Negros Oriental, and Bohol.

The six brands of vaccines available in the regions are Sinovac, AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Gamaleya, Moderna, and the single-dose Janssen. (PNA) https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1151134

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...