Weddings via Video Conference

Joey G
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

Also, I’ve read that a PSA stamped copy of the marriage certificate carries more weight with immigration when entering the country (especially if you’re traveling without your spouse).

But if you're traveling without your spouse when you enter, you can't get a Balikbayan Visa stamp... unless this PSA copy over rides that requirement?

graham59
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Joey G said:

But if you're traveling without your spouse when you enter, you can't get a Balikbayan Visa stamp... unless this PSA copy over rides that requirement?

No, you MUST be accompanied by your wife (and on the same flight arrival), to avail of the 'Balikbayan Privilege'.  You may be asked to prove that you're married.  So, have PSA Marriage Cert to hand. (It is NOT a visa... and is at the discretion of the Immigration Officer). 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Joey G said:

But if you're traveling without your spouse when you enter, you can't get a Balikbayan Visa stamp

I thought the point was that you could at least get into the country.  Without a marriage certificate you would be a tourist and thus not allowed at this time.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I thought the point was that you could at least get into the country.  Without a marriage certificate you would be a tourist and thus not allowed at this time.

I believe you can enter if granted a visa from your own country if married. Yes you will be classed as a tourist but it is allowed for married persons. You will not get a Balikbayan Visa stamp without your wife.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
HappyJack
Posted
Posted
On 9/4/2021 at 12:53 PM, HappyJack said:

I have a friend in this situation now.  Filipina, here in the Philippines met an American online.  They married using the Utah online wedding and are trying to meet.  Right now she could legally travel to Israel or Maldives.  Both countries are accepting vaccinated tourists and no visa is needed. Many people don't know that Filipinos can travel to Israel with no visa.  There is no Balikbayan visas now from what I understand.  As with everything here, the rules mean nothing and the foreigner who comes here trying to get in is at the mercy of the immigration officer they hand their passport to.

As we all know, the other issue is the Filipina being offloaded when they try to leave.  It is ILLEGAL but rules mean nothing when a jealous official tells a citizen if I can't go you can't go.  This REALLY pisses me off.

I told her to get a copy of the marriage certificate and register it here with the PSA.  Then get a copy of the PSA marriage certificate and send it to the husband where he can apply at the consulate for a visa to enter the Philippines since he is married to a Filipina.

We are trying to get a 7 day Christian tour in Israel set up and paid for and a letter from her church that this is a pilgrimage.  Maybe she won't get offloaded.  This covid crap is a lot of B.S.  It is all about control now but thats for another thread.

My friends husband arrived in the Philippines today on a 9a visa.  He has 6 nights in quarantine and then he can finally meet his bride of 2 months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, HappyJack said:

This covid crap is a lot of B.S. 

You mean like this nonsense of getting married to somebody you've never met ?  :89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, graham59 said:

You mean like this nonsense of getting married to somebody you've never met ?  :89:

It's a brave new world, Graham))

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Youngster
Posted
Posted
On 9/3/2021 at 5:45 AM, Gator said:

Does anyone on the board know if a Filipino national only leaves the country for say 2 weeks, then when they return with their foreign spouse, would the spouse get a Balikbayan visa? Has anyone here done this?

We've done this in 2019, pre-pandemic of course.  We flew out to Hong Kong, got married the next day and went to Philippines Consulate to register our marriage.  She returned to PI and I left for the US to take care of some business.  A month later, we met up in Taiwan and flew back together.  At the immigration, we presented our Hong Kong marriage certificate and got a balikbayan stamp on my passport.  

Philippine Consulate forwarded the marriage certificate to PSA, and about 3 months later, we were able to get PSA certified marriage certificate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3