FOX PULLING OUT

RBM
Posted
Posted

To add to this topic although appreciated we were not able to access any of links suggested. Always being side tracked and led around and around. Most success was the suggestion of Freebie. Again stress we are computer dummies although my partner has a few clues but obviously not enough.

We will enjoy another 2 Moto GPs after keep trying the streaming.  Our speeds with the DITO have dropped as expected, now average around 28 down and 13 up.

jimeve
Posted
Posted

PLDT are throttling my internet, between 6:30 pm and 10 pm. I have an iptv box and I downloaded speedtest which gives accurate results, not like the others do.

Usually my internet speed are between 40 to 95 Mbps but thanks to PLDT throttling I get about 15 mbps and I can't get anything on my iptv during the throttling.

Bandwidth throttling, not choking someone.:whistling:

• Sad 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

PLDT are throttling my internet, between 6:30 pm and 10 pm. I have an iptv box and I downloaded speedtest which gives accurate results, not like the others do.

Usually my internet speed are between 40 to 95 Mbps but thanks to PLDT throttling I get about 15 mbps and I can't get anything on my iptv during the throttling.

Bandwidth throttling, not choking someone.:whistling:

What are the plan speeds you are paying for, Jim?  There are minimum speeds they must provide - that said they are sometimes ridiculously low compared to the "promised" speeds.  

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

What are the plan speeds you are paying for, Jim?  There are minimum speeds they must provide - that said they are sometimes ridiculously low compared to the "promised" speeds.  

50 Mbps, It's so crazy pldt. Just did a sppedtest this morning and it read.. 290 Mbps, now if I do a ST later it will drop to a low bandwidth.

Got iptv on now and already buffering and ST is 93 Mbps. But that's live TV from London. It's okay with Youtube even 4 k resolution.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, RBM said:

To add to this topic although appreciated we were not able to access any of links suggested.

In this topic there was one link I have now deleted as its a spam site or its been hacked so every sports link takes you to a spam website.

No other links in this topic. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, jimeve said:

50 Mbps, It's so crazy pldt. Just did a sppedtest this morning and it read.. 290 Mbps, now if I do a ST later it will drop to a low bandwidth.

Got iptv on now and already buffering and ST is 93 Mbps. But that's live TV from London. It's okay with Youtube even 4 k resolution.

It shouldn't really vary so wildly - our Globe plan is 35Mbps and I do a speed test every morning - it never goes below 38 or above 44.  

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 9/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, hk blues said:

It shouldn't really vary so wildly - our Globe plan is 35Mbps and I do a speed test every morning - it never goes below 38 or above 44.  

That's why I said "crazy pldt" Just done another test. down load 87.56 up 203.99. And my plan 50 Mbps....

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

The PLDT fiber we have in the house at CDO has always dropped a lot during peak hours, how much has varied.

It seems to get gradually worse and worse for a while, then it comes good again, I'm guessing they let it get over subscribed before they add extra capacity.

Having said that it's seldom that there isn't enough bandwidth to stream Netflix or Youtube in full HD (and that hasn't changed according to SWMBO since I've been stuck in aussie).

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Having said that it's seldom that there isn't enough bandwidth to stream Netflix or Youtube in full HD (and that hasn't changed according to SWMBO since I've been stuck in aussie).

Yeah, I can stream netflix and youtube full HD on minimum bandwidith 5Mbps but no chance streaming on a iptv service, need at least 25 Mbps for that.

• Like 2

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

Jim, HK, I have found that with PLDT it really doesn't matter what they are "required" to give you, etc.  PLDT is a master of deception and the problem Jim is having has been going on for over a year.  If you read the articles from their corporate leadership, their goal is increasing revenue, and the only way they can do that is through increased customers, and attempting to increase the fees the current customers pay.  This is why they have had a constant marketing campaign trying to get you to increase to their 200+ mbps, when in fact, everyone experiences high mbps rates during low usage times, and.....everyone experiences low mbps rates during high usage times.  You get what you get and if it is slower speeds than you pay for, there's not a thing you can do about it except get mad, leave, and wait 2 months for new service that's even worse.  If you call and report it to get it fixed, they act like they don't have a clue what you are talking about and there must be a problem with you, not them.  They take you through the basics of trouble shooting, and when it shows nothing, they tell you to keep a log so you can prove it to them.  If you try to call right when it's happening, you can't get anyone to answer the phone.  But then I get a message from them the next day "We see that you called our help line.....are you having problems, if so, please call us."  You call them, and you start the process all over again.  If you ask for a Service Tech to come to your house, they will do all they can to deny this.  When you demand it, someone will show up during one of the low usage periods and claim there's no problem and close the help ticket.  Bottom line...... they will not acknowledge they are over selling their capacity and your only option is to quit..... and they could careless as they just make room for the next person in line.  Our only real option is to wait until another fiber company comes our way, or hope Elon Musk's Starlink comes our way.  I truly apologize for my long negative ranting about this but PLDT is one of my few "triggers" here in the PI as they don't even hide the fact that they are scamming their customers.  Good Luck my friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1