FOX PULLING OUT

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Peaceful John said:

Jim, HK, I have found that with PLDT it really doesn't matter what they are "required" to give you, etc.  PLDT is a master of deception and the problem Jim is having has been going on for over a year.  If you read the articles from their corporate leadership, their goal is increasing revenue, and the only way they can do that is through increased customers, and attempting to increase the fees the current customers pay.  This is why they have had a constant marketing campaign trying to get you to increase to their 200+ mbps, when in fact, everyone experiences high mbps rates during low usage times, and.....everyone experiences low mbps rates during high usage times.  You get what you get and if it is slower speeds than you pay for, there's not a thing you can do about it except get mad, leave, and wait 2 months for new service that's even worse.  If you call and report it to get it fixed, they act like they don't have a clue what you are talking about and there must be a problem with you, not them.  They take you through the basics of trouble shooting, and when it shows nothing, they tell you to keep a log so you can prove it to them.  If you try to call right when it's happening, you can't get anyone to answer the phone.  But then I get a message from them the next day "We see that you called our help line.....are you having problems, if so, please call us."  You call them, and you start the process all over again.  If you ask for a Service Tech to come to your house, they will do all they can to deny this.  When you demand it, someone will show up during one of the low usage periods and claim there's no problem and close the help ticket.  Bottom line...... they will not acknowledge they are over selling their capacity and your only option is to quit..... and they could careless as they just make room for the next person in line.  Our only real option is to wait until another fiber company comes our way, or hope Elon Musk's Starlink comes our way.  I truly apologize for my long negative ranting about this but PLDT is one of my few "triggers" here in the PI as they don't even hide the fact that they are scamming their customers.  Good Luck my friend.

I notice Cignal TV now offer satellite internet - I checked the prices and for just 2mbps they are charging 6,500php and 10mbps will set you back 23,500php per month!  You have to add in another 36,000php for the kit and installation.  Not really competitive in any way and no threat to the big 2/3 at those prices. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted
On 9/12/2021 at 8:27 PM, hk blues said:

I notice Cignal TV now offer satellite internet - I checked the prices and for just 2mbps they are charging 6,500php and 10mbps will set you back 23,500php per month!  You have to add in another 36,000php for the kit and installation.  Not really competitive in any way and no threat to the big 2/3 at those prices. 

HK.....unless I am mistaken, Cignal is owned by PLDT corporate.  I don't see any way someone could afford or want the Cignal service.  But then again, who knows........Thanks for the info.

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Peaceful John said:

HK.....unless I am mistaken, Cignal is owned by PLDT corporate.  I don't see any way someone could afford or want the Cignal service.  But then again, who knows........Thanks for the info.

You are quite right John, PLDT Corporation own Cignal.  I suppose they have chosen to use the Cignal "arm" for this satellite service for the obvious reason that Cignal have experience in the satellite industry already.

Still way too expensive though.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Anyone on the waiting list for Starlink?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mike J said:

It could be a big deal but doubt the powers to be will allow it.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Mike J said:

It's certainly way cheaper than the Cignal offering - $500 for the kit and a monthly fee of $99.  No mention of what speed etc though.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

It could be a big deal but doubt the powers to be will allow it.

It's undergoing/undergone Beta testing here and seems it will be available in the Philippines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, hk blues said:

It's undergoing/undergone Beta testing here and seems it will be available in the Philippines.

Thanks HK, had no idea. I'm amazed the other players allowed that to take place. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Thanks HK, had no idea. I'm amazed the other players allowed that to take place. 

Likewise.  When you look at what PLDT/Cignal are charging for their satellite internet service compared to Starlink it's easy to see why they big players want to keep outsiders out. I originally thought the Cignal offering was via Starlink but it seems not based on the prices.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Appears we have wondered from my original question. How to stream sports once Fox stop very soon.

I was given this link Hesgoal,com which I used for the US open as we had TV issue. Worked fine although was in Swiss German which the most I am able to understand.

Trust it will also work for Moto GP......We have just DITO varies from 20 to 50 down load.

• Like 1