The KISS factor

Onemore52
Posted
Posted (edited)

Today the GF went to get the Phizer vaccination in the province, as she explained to me there was six stations to go through, what could go wrong one might think, duplication of the process, identity checks twice, blood pressure check, then the temperature check, then an interview with a doctor, then the doctor actually administering the shot, what could go wrong?

The person at the second station, the second identity check got pulled out of the line up after getting confirmed that he was positive for COVID, even after feeling not well and still fronting up for work. 

Edited by Mike J
Deleted a political statement
  • Sad 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

The person at the second station, the second identity check got pulled out of the line up after getting confirmed that he was positive for COVID, even after feeling not well and still fronting up for work. 

Front line workers are consciences. :smile: Did he get confirmed while there or did he know before comming to work? 

I'm surprised your GF and everyone else is not in quarantine now including you if she has come home to you.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

even after feeling not well and still fronting up for work. 

That, IMHO, why this pandemic will be around for a long time and sooner or later we will just have to live with it. We live in a country where we have multigenerational house holds, often with only one breadwinner. That breadwinner dares not turn himself in to quarantine or self isolate if he feels unwell. In the meantime he takes the Jeep to work etc etc etc.

5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I'm surprised your GF and everyone else is not in quarantine now including you if she has come home to you.

A perfect example of how ineffective the response is working in actuality. IAW IATF rules/laws, that whole facility should have been shut down, cordoned off, everyone tested and isolated. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The antivaxxer nuts will jump onto this story like buzzards on a gut wagon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Front line workers are consciences. :smile: Did he get confirmed while there or did he know before comming to work? 

The worker was not feeling well, so went and got tested but didn’t wait for the results before going back to work, which was where he was when he was pulled out of the station he was at.

Yes all the families that were there are now in lockdown.

What I fail to comprehend is why this person was only wearing a face mask with all the rules that are in place.

The relative who owns the food manufacturing business was trying to get all of the employees vaccinated, the type of food being a staple in the diet there.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Myself at my partner got a walk in Astra Zenica vaccine yesterday and the location we had it just last week one person who had been in the hall for 7hrs with zero social distancing got refused the vaccine as her temp was way too high and she was feeling rough. They just told her to go home and self quarantine for two weeks then carried on as if nothing happened. 

Even as we were getting vaccinated they had the usual photographer telling everyone to put their face masks and shields on for the photo but the second he finished the shields were off and masks pulled down. 

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

but the second he finished the shields were off and masks pulled down. 

That reminds me,,,3 days ago on my daily walk, I went by a PNP checkpoint...fully loaded jeep stopped about 50 meters shy, unloaded about half the passengers, passengers hoofed it and got back on the jeep on the other side of the checkpoint...all with in view of the PNP guys standing under an awning in the shade.....:571c66d400c8c_1(103)::hystery:

give up.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/4/2021 at 8:49 AM, scott h said:

That reminds me,,,3 days ago on my daily walk, I went by a PNP checkpoint...fully loaded jeep stopped about 50 meters shy, unloaded about half the passengers, passengers hoofed it and got back on the jeep on the other side of the checkpoint...all with in view of the PNP guys standing under an awning in the shade.....:571c66d400c8c_1(103)::hystery:

Manila seems to be different than Cebu. Seems those in Manila are breaking all the rules and not much done about it but here in Cebu to me seems a different story.  Or at least in my area and from news I read.

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic